+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa and Extension Question

grapz

Sep 1, 2014
Hello,

My spouse is in a bit of a unique situation and I was wondering if you guys could help out as to what the best approach would be.

She currently has a work permit that ends July 12th 2015 but is residing currently in the United States but has a Chinese Passport, no US green card. We have submitted a PR application and currently is pending.
She would like to visit me for periods of less than 6 months but multiple times until our PR application gets approved.

What would be the best method here? Apply for a new visa? or is it possible to convert the work permit to a multiple entry visitor visa?

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
grapz said:
Hello,

My spouse is in a bit of a unique situation and I was wondering if you guys could help out as to what the best approach would be.

She currently has a work permit that ends July 12th 2015 but is residing currently in the United States but has a Chinese Passport, no US green card. We have submitted a PR application and currently is pending.
She would like to visit me for periods of less than 6 months but multiple times until our PR application gets approved.

What would be the best method here? Apply for a new visa? or is it possible to convert the work permit to a multiple entry visitor visa?

Cheers
There is no such thing as a "visitor visa", please do some research on what is a TRV and what is a visitor status. When this is crystal clear to you then we can answer the remaining questions.

grapz

Sep 1, 2014
TRV has different sections - visitor, student, worker. I am referring to the visitor part of the TRV

Saraki

Jun 9, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2013
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
08-06-2015 PNP
AOR Received.
24-05-2015 EE
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
Not Applicable
Med's Request
Upfront medical
Med's Done....
22-05-2015
Interview........
Won't be needed
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
If you can show that she has ties in the US (or China) and would not stay beyond the validity of her TRV (Visitor's visa), she could get Visitor's visa to visit you for not more than 6 months at any one time.
However, since from your initial post she already has a Canadian work permit, it might have been easier if she relocated to Canada to work and be with you. But then, I guess there're probably other reasons why this isn't an option.

Good luck!

grapz said:
Hello,

Cheers