+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa after submitting Sponsorship Outland

Pinkwalker

Apr 20, 2022
We applied for Outland Online Sponsorship in April 2022. We received medical request, biometrics, sponsor approval, and they are currently processing our eligibility. I wish to get my wife through visitor visa while waiting for the application to finish processing.
My wife does not have a job in her home country, but just owns a car.
What are the chances of her visitor visa being approved if we apply with dual intent?
Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
We applied for Outland Online Sponsorship in April 2022. We received medical request, biometrics, sponsor approval, and they are currently processing our eligibility. I wish to get my wife through visitor visa while waiting for the application to finish processing.
My wife does not have a job in her home country, but just owns a car.
What are the chances of her visitor visa being approved if we apply with dual intent?
Thank you
Probably low but no harm trying. Does she own property, have her own savings, has she travelled to other countries like the US, UK, Australia, etc.? Not having a longterm job is a major drawback since that creates a good ties to her home country. Tough to justify that she will only come for a visit and return home.

Pinkwalker

Apr 20, 2022
Probably low but no harm trying. Does she own property, have her own savings, has she travelled to other countries like the US, UK, Australia, etc.? Not having a longterm job is a major drawback since that creates a good ties to her home country. Tough to justify that she will only come for a visit and return home.
She has bank accounts but no savings in them due to the economical crisis in the country. She only owns a car in her home country.
She does have good travel history(Schengen, Saudi visa, travels at least once a year).
I just want to know if there is a chance it may be approved due to fact our application is in progress

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
She has bank accounts but no savings in them due to the economical crisis in the country. She only owns a car in her home country.
She does have good travel history(Schengen, Saudi visa, travels at least once a year).
I just want to know if there is a chance it may be approved due to fact our application is in progress
You have a chance (low) but she needs to show she is just coming to visit - funds, travel history (IRCC wants to see US, UK, NZ and AUS travel), ties to home country (job with approved leave). Her car is not a tie.

Riya Kaur

Star Member
Jan 13, 2022
I submitted spousal sponsorship application a month before. Nowadays AOR is coming around 3- 4 month. I am thinking to apply visitor visa for my spouse. My spouse doesnt have any travel history but she has govenmemt job. Should i wait until AOR or it is ok to apply now also?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I submitted spousal sponsorship application a month before. Nowadays AOR is coming around 3- 4 month. I am thinking to apply visitor visa for my spouse. My spouse doesnt have any travel history but she has govenmemt job. Should i wait until AOR or it is ok to apply now also?
You can apply now but with spousal application her chances are low. Ask for a short visit of 2-3 weeks. She needs a strong profile - ties (job letter with approved leave, properties, business), travel history, funds.

dream_on_7

Star Member
Sep 1, 2018
We applied for VV for my spouse in India on May 26 and gave biometrics on May 27.
We got biometrics validity letter a week back on Oct 27 and no movement post that.
We got GCMS today and it says
eligibility passed
Security (blank)
Criminality- passed bio
Does it mean anything?
Any reason we haven't got decision letter yet?