+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**** Visitor Visa after Spouse sponsorship Application

CanInd1234

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
Hi Everyone,

I am a PR of canada and I want to apply visitor visa for my wife. she is currently in India. I am currently working as software engineer and earning a very handsome salary, it's in top 5% of earnings in canada.
Reasons for visa : 1st Marriage anniversary and valentine's day.

can someone please help us if we should apply now and how , since we have already received 1 rejection. we were told by our agent that if we apply visitor visa after applying for PR than we will have good chances of approval.

Timeline based situation is explained below. please help, we got married almost 1 year back and have been living separately.

Situation:
Apr 2015: I was in Canada and became PR, while my fiance was in India
Nov 2015 : we got married
Dec 2015 : applied for Visitor Visa
Jan 2016 : Visitor visa got rejected (Reasons: funds, ties to home country, contact in canada, travel history)
Apr 2016 : we met in Dubai for honeymoon for 17 days
Aug 2016: Applied for PR for my wife, under family class.
Oct 2016: Received UCI and Application no. and status as of now is: met eligibility and file is forwarded to new Delhi office.

Right now: we have a joint account of 1 year old funds ($40,000) in India, she has travel history of Dubai, she is not professionally working as of now.

Regards,
CanInd1234

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

First, do not apply so far in advance.

Secondly, applying for a visa to meet up for your marriage anniversary and Valentine's Day is not strong reason. The visa officer will see this as wanting to live in Canada while her PR is being processed in India.

I'll be honest.... the chances of your wife getting a TRV are low because she is not working/no strong ties to India. Dubai does not count as travel history.

1. What was the duration of her intended visit?
2. Does your wife own any property or land? Or a lease agreement?
3. Is she enrolled in a study program while she waits out her PR application?
4. Does she have dependent parents or family?

Cheers

CanInd1234

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
Hi Bryanna,

Firstly Thanks a lot for responding. my answers below in blue.

1. What was the duration of her intended visit? 3-4 months, we can reduce it to 2 months if that helps
2. Does your wife own any property or land? Or a lease agreement? - No, she lives with my parents
3. Is she enrolled in a study program while she waits out her PR application? - No
4. Does she have dependent parents or family? - Yes her parents (mother and father are in India)

Another question: if we apply and her visa gets rejected, will it have any adverse effect on her PR application ?
given the fact that we have less chances, is there anything we can do to make them stronger and apply ?

Regards,
CanInd1234

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

1. What was the duration of her intended visit? 3-4 months, we can reduce it to 2 months if that helps
The visit should be for 2-3 months max.

1. Are your parents/her parents dependent on her financially or for their well being? Does she represent them for any reason - property/bank/government matters? Is there evidence to support this?

2. Can she enroll for a study program.... and attend for a couple of months before she applies?

3. Can she get a US/Schengen/UK visa first?

Another question: if we apply and her visa gets rejected, will it have any adverse effect on her PR application ?
Only if she applies/gets refused a few more times

Cheers

CanInd1234

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
Thanks, My reply below.

1. Are your parents/her parents dependent on her financially or for their well being? Does she represent them for any reason - property/bank/government matters? Is there evidence to support this? - My and her mother both have heart problem and have gone through a heart operation, we can show their medical reports. her only sibling is in US, whereas, I and my sibling are in Canada. so basically she is only one left in India on both end (my and her parents). other than that they don't have any support.

2. Can she enroll for a study program.... and attend for a couple of months before she applies? - she can. but this way we will have to wait another few months :(

3. Can she get a US/Schengen/UK visa first? - which visa ? visitor ? even if she gets it - will she have to travel as well ?

Regards,
CanInd1234

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
My and her mother both have heart problem and have gone through a heart operation, we can show their medical reports. her only sibling is in US, whereas, I and my sibling are in Canada. so basically she is only one left in India on both end (my and her parents). other than that they don't have any support.
That's a good point. She must include proofs that she lives with your parents + doctors' reports/heart operation proofs + she takes them for medical check-ups, etc.

Also, if there are some medical tests/check-ups scheduled for after she returns, then include this as a reason for her to return to India.

Can she enroll for a study program.... and attend for a couple of months before she applies? - she can. but this way we will have to wait another few months
That's true.... but do remember that she does not have any strong ties presently as she is not working/no property or assets.

Also, you're applying quite early if it's for Valentine's Day (do not mention this as the purpose of her visit).

Can she get a US/Schengen/UK visa first? - which visa ? visitor ? even if she gets it - will she have to travel as well ?
Visitor visa.

No, she does not have to travel.... it only proves that she has met the requirements of another visa country + her return trip can be via the US/European country

usamah.js

Nov 8, 2017
I would like your help with regards to the same situation you were in back in 2016. If you could please email me and guide me for the best steps available. My case is different in a sense that I am PR holder but not actually available in Canada at the moment. My plan is to move to canada in a years time. So I want to know the best way in which I can travel together with my wife after one year. Thanks