+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa after refusal

adrianacohen2

Jan 9, 2020
Hi everyone,

I'm Adriana and I would like to get some advise on the following:
I've been helping my best friend since last year to get a visitor visa to come to Canada and visit me and my family. I helped her apply on April 11, She was suppose to travel on May 8th and return back to Colombia on May 29th. but by he time the officer checked the papers and made the final decision on May 20th it was pass the travelling date and got Denied with the reasons:

a) Travel History
b) Purpose of stay

She is thinking about re-applying this year, I invited her for my graduation ceremony on June however she can't because of work since she work for the National Police of Colombia so she suggested to be here for my birthday on August and celebrate both.

Could I get some advise on how to address the reasons of rejection and incorporate them on this new application? also is there anything else she could add to this new application for a better chance of approval?
Thank you.

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
Hi everyone,

I'm Adriana and I would like to get some advise on the following:
I've been helping my best friend since last year to get a visitor visa to come to Canada and visit me and my family. I helped her apply on April 11, She was suppose to travel on May 8th and return back to Colombia on May 29th. but by he time the officer checked the papers and made the final decision on May 20th it was pass the travelling date and got Denied with the reasons:

a) Travel History
b) Purpose of stay

She is thinking about re-applying this year, I invited her for my graduation ceremony on June however she can't because of work since she work for the National Police of Colombia so she suggested to be here for my birthday on August and celebrate both.

Could I get some advise on how to address the reasons of rejection and incorporate them on this new application? also is there anything else she could add to this new application for a better chance of approval?
Thank you.
Before any application, make sure she consider the processing times for her country. In addition, did she has any travel experience in the past? She should also remember to declare in the TRV form that she's working with the government. She will need a leave letter, reference letter from her employer, payslip, proof of accumulated fund that is sufficient for her propose trips. She can also check for country specific requirement before filling another application.

adrianacohen2

Jan 9, 2020
Before any application, make sure she consider the processing times for her country. In addition, did she has any travel experience in the past? She should also remember to declare in the TRV form that she's working with the government. She will need a leave letter, reference letter from her employer, payslip, proof of accumulated fund that is sufficient for her propose trips. She can also check for country specific requirement before filling another application.

* She hasn't travel outside the country because she's been focused on her academic and professional career goals, preparing for a higher position at her current job as a police officer with the government of Colombia.

* She did mention her work with the government because on the IMM forms
* she also submitted all the bank info, payslips, invitation letter.

What is a leave letter and for the reference letter from her employer what does it need to state?
Do we need to show pictures to proof our friendship? I traveled last year to visit my family and friends and we took a few pictures.

Thank you

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
* She hasn't travel outside the country because she's been focused on her academic and professional career goals, preparing for a higher position at her current job as a police officer with the government of Colombia.

* She did mention her work with the government because on the IMM forms
* she also submitted all the bank info, payslips, invitation letter.

What is a leave letter and for the reference letter from her employer what does it need to state?
Do we need to show pictures to proof our friendship? I traveled last year to visit my family and friends and we took a few pictures.

Thank you
Ok, definitely her first application might have been refused because visa officer was concerned about her not having travelling experience and the timing of her application and propose visit.
Leave letter is a permission for absent from work. It is usually issue on the company/organization letter-head by her immediate supervisor or personnel staff. It shows the reason why she'll not be at work and when she is expected back. You do not necessary need a picture to proof your friendship. However, you can explain all of those in your invitation letter. For example, if you attended same elementary school, you might want to state that. The burden is on your friend to proof she is eligible and able to meet all the TRV requirement and will obey all immigration rules that relate to her visa. Should she be granted one.

Last edited:

adrianacohen2

Jan 9, 2020
Ok, definitely her first application might have been refused because visa officer was concerned about her not having travelling experience and the timing of her application and propose visit.
Leave letter is a permission for absent from work. It is usually issue on the company/organization letter-head by her immediate supervisor or personnel staff. It shows the reason why she'll not be at work and when she is expected back. You do not necessary need a picture to proof your friendship. However, you can explain all of those in your invitation letter. For example, if you attended same elementary school, you might want to state that. The burden is on your friend to proof she is eligible and able to meet all the TRV requirement and will obey all immigration rules that relate to her visa. She should be granted one.
Thank you very much for your advise I will let her know.

adrianacohen2

Jan 9, 2020
Leave letter is a permission for absent from work. It is usually issue on the company/organization letter-head by her immediate supervisor or personnel staff. It shows the reason why she'll not be at work and when she is expected back. You do not necessary need a picture to proof your friendship. However, you can explain all of those in your invitation letter. For example, if you attended same elementary school, you might want to state that. The burden is on your friend to proof she is eligible and able to meet all the TRV requirement and will obey all immigration rules that relate to her visa. She should be granted one.

One more thing, my friend is writing a letter addressing the purpose of travel and travel history from the previous application, Do you think it would be a good idea to address the previous decision in the following manner ?

stating that she will come just for my birthday as her purpose of travel this time and on her travel history that , she has not yet traveled to any other countries outside of Colombia until now. since she did not have any purpose to visit other countries until now as she has been focused on my academic and professional career goals, preparing for a higher position at her current job as a police officer with the government of Colombia on a letter.

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
One more thing, my friend is writing a letter addressing the purpose of travel and travel history from the previous application, Do you think it would be a good idea to address the previous decision in the following manner ?

stating that she will come just for my birthday as her purpose of travel this time and on her travel history that , she has not yet traveled to any other countries outside of Colombia until now. since she did not have any purpose to visit other countries until now as she has been focused on my academic and professional career goals, preparing for a higher position at her current job as a police officer with the government of Colombia on a letter.
That is fine. If she can also response to the following questions to clarify and vindicate her of the travel experience. Why is she visiting you now? What will she be doing and how long would she be staying? In answering that, I will suggest something like, due to her duty as...rank, she has more task and she hasn't be granted off-duty/ leave from work permission for some years now. She will use the opportunity to meet your family,celebrate your birthday, see some places you have discussed on the phone e.t.c You may consider the limited time, that she had the last time you visited your country. Make sure the days she will be requesting is practicable and reasonable. For example, 8,9,10 days maybe convincing.

adrianacohen2

Jan 9, 2020
That is fine. If she can also response to the following questions to clarify and vindicate her of the travel experience. Why is she visiting you now? What will she be doing and how long would she be staying? In answering that, I will suggest something like, due to her duty as...rank, she has more task and she hasn't be granted off-duty/ leave from work permission for some years now. She will use the opportunity to meet your family,celebrate your birthday, see some places you have discussed on the phone e.t.c You may consider the limited time, that she had the last time you visited your country. Make sure the days she will be requesting is practicable and reasonable. For example, 8,9,10 days maybe convincing.
Awesome this helps a lot. Thank you very much!
Yes, She just wants to take 15 days off work. Thanks again.

AskBD

Star Member
May 27, 2019
most importantly states how your friend is going to finance her trip. if any one other than she is supporting financially, she need to share his or her income documents, tax papers, residensncy docs etc.

AskBD

Star Member
May 27, 2019
most importantly states how your friend is going to finance her trip. if any one other than she is supporting financially, his or her income docs, bank statement, tax papers, residency docs are required.

Your friend need to show a in bank statement the amount she's going to spend for this trip.

adrianacohen2

Jan 9, 2020
most importantly states how your friend is going to finance her trip. if any one other than she is supporting financially, his or her income docs, bank statement, tax papers, residency docs are required.

Your friend need to show a in bank statement the amount she's going to spend for this trip.
She will be financing the trip herself, but I'm offering her my home to stay. She's gathering all the bank statements, taxes and necessary paper work including a vacation letter stating how many days she is able to take off work.
Really hoping everything goes well this time.