+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa After Permit End

Jul 15, 2019
Hello,
My Closed work permit ends in June (International Mobility), so due to COVID situation my employer will not extend the Visa anymore, so either I apply for Visitor Visa or fly back home. Now I am from India, so my doubt is, whether I should apply visitor visa right away because there might be delays these days, or should I book my flight back, in case flights are running now?!!

My reason to apply for visitor visa is to stay for couple of months and fly when its safe to fly, but seeing the situation it doesn't look like its getting any better anytime soon as next Flu season starts in September-October. So anyone can advice or give any information regarding flight operation internationally, any indians or people flying anywhere during June, any bad experiences regarding cancellations etc. that'l be great. Anything is helpful.
Thanks

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Well if you apply to flip to a visitor record then current processing time with or without COVID can be upto 4 months during which time you would be on implied status so probably a good idea to at least get that application in..

As for flights not sure anyone can advise given airlines say one moment they are starting up and the next they are deferring often either because their orignating country has changed restrictions or a transit or the destination.

If were me and could afford it would plan to stay put for a couple months and maybe look at what the flight situation is July/August/September. Various press reports imply fares could initially be cheaper to get people to fly but then at some point could increase significantly although for sure frequency on routes worldwide are likely to decrease for forseeable future. Airline change/refund policies are possibly going to remain flexible at least for the time being but that will not suspect last forever