+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor travel after September 7th from india

FrustratedPRApplicant

Star Member
Apr 3, 2021
Hi All,

I would like to call my mother here after September 7th on her visitors visa. She has received both doses of the Covishield vaccine which is an approved vaccine for entry into Canada. I understand that she would still be required to get a PCR test done within 72 hours of her flight from India and updating details onto the ArriveCan app. I still have a few questions that I need help with.

1) Would she be required to get a PCR test done for every halt she makes?
2) If so, does anyone know the average time it takes for the results to arrive at most airports?
3) She would no longer need to quarantine, but they would ask for a quarantine plan. What is a quarantine plan and what would she need to show them at the border?

Thanks,

Becksterd

Apr 15, 2010
Edmonton, AB
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
05-2013
IELTS Request
14-02-2014
Med's Request
10-2013
Med's Done....
11-2013
Passport Req..
02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-2014
LANDED..........
04-2014

strongbull1

May 26, 2021
1) Depends on the countries she is transiting through not on Canada. Mexico for example requires no RTPCR but RTPCR in India is super easy. Takes about 500-800 and they collect sample from home
2) 8-24 hours at most airports. Mexico was 12 hours. There are many online Whatsapp / FB groups with daily posts from members. Better join those to get an understanding
3) Quarantine plan is something you answer in ArriveCan. There are questions like "Do you have grocery, medicine, room, cleaning supplies etc". You dont need to prep a seperate document...it is part of ArriveCan questionnaire (you can always fill a draft arrivecan to understand)

FrustratedPRApplicant

Star Member
Apr 3, 2021
1) Depends on the countries she is transiting through not on Canada. Mexico for example requires no RTPCR but RTPCR in India is super easy. Takes about 500-800 and they collect sample from home
2) 8-24 hours at most airports. Mexico was 12 hours. There are many online Whatsapp / FB groups with daily posts from members. Better join those to get an understanding
3) Quarantine plan is something you answer in ArriveCan. There are questions like "Do you have grocery, medicine, room, cleaning supplies etc". You dont need to prep a seperate document...it is part of ArriveCan questionnaire (you can always fill a draft arrivecan to understand)
Thank you for the response. Do you have any idea where I can find those groups you mentioned on Whatsapp?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All,

I would like to call my mother here after September 7th on her visitors visa. She has received both doses of the Covishield vaccine which is an approved vaccine for entry into Canada. I understand that she would still be required to get a PCR test done within 72 hours of her flight from India and updating details onto the ArriveCan app. I still have a few questions that I need help with.

1) Would she be required to get a PCR test done for every halt she makes?
2) If so, does anyone know the average time it takes for the results to arrive at most airports?
3) She would no longer need to quarantine, but they would ask for a quarantine plan. What is a quarantine plan and what would she need to show them at the border?

Thanks,
Nobody knows what will happen to travellers from India after August 21st. We also don’t know if the plan lifting of restrictions will go ahead in September. It will depend on what happens with covid.

NewbieToronto

Mar 1, 2021
Hello all,

anyone travelled to canada recently with visitor visa..we are thinking to book a flight ticket for my MIL but not sure how it works.

please let me know.. any input is valuable. Thank you

Baileyjig14

Jan 14, 2021
At the moment she is still ok with covaxin which is a J&J. Whether a booster may be required with an mRNA only time will tell. Yes she can currently travel as long as she can prove she is vaccinated.
There is probably a misunderstanding, Covaxin is not J&J. Covaxin is not approved by Canada yet but talks are underway for its approval. @NewbieToronto if you would like to bring your MIL she has to have a RT PCR test done in a third country to be accepted in Canada. There are lotta discussions in this forum about it. Im in the same situation and trying to find out a way to bring my mum here. Happy to help if you want more information.

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There is probably a misunderstanding, Covaxin is not J&J. Covaxin is not approved by Canada yet but talks are underway for its approval. @NewbieToronto if you would like to bring your MIL she has to have a RT PCR test done in a third country to be accepted in Canada. There are lotta discussions in this forum about it. Im in the same situation and trying to find out a way to bring my mum here. Happy to help if you want more information.
Apologize. Didn’t read an article all the way to the end and the article seem to imply that covid in was the Indian name for the J&J vaccine. My fault. Think it is unlikely covaxin will be put on the list of approved vaccinations. Canada likely doesn’t want to get involved in accepting some of the vaccines associately with a certain country because some are not very effective, data is often not available or not trusted and if you accept one and not the other there will be diplomatic consequences. Covaxin will not be accepted and quarantine for 14 days will be required in an area with no contact with non-travellers like a basement with it’s own bathroom and hopefully a fridge or an Airbnb.

itsnoteasy

Sep 15, 2017
In a similar situation. My parents are traveling this week, but they are not fully vaccinated.
as far as I have read and understand, vaccination is not a requirement for immediate family members. They certainly wouldhave to quarantine for 14 days.
Does anyone have a different understanding or experience?