+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor to Canada can enter USA on B2 and return back to Canada

patricia9

Mar 25, 2014
Hi Members,

Parents are on visitors visa in Canada(Indian passport holders) but currently on implied status as there visitor visa extension is in-process but not approved.
Can they go to US to attend their daughter’s marriage (they have US B2 visa as well) and return back to Canada.
Are there restrictions for them to travel to US and back to Canada by air, currently due to covid?

Has anyone been in similar situation and how did it work for them?

Thanks,
Nisha

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Members,

Parents are on visitors visa in Canada(Indian passport holders) but currently on implied status as there visitor visa extension is in-process but not approved.
Can they go to US to attend their daughter’s marriage (they have US B2 visa as well) and return back to Canada.
Are there restrictions for them to travel to US and back to Canada by air, currently due to covid?

Has anyone been in similar situation and how did it work for them?

Thanks,
Nisha
Assuming you are a Canadian PR or citizen, they can certainly leave Canada and then try to re-enter. Whether they are allowed back into Canada and for how long will depend on the CBSA officer. Re-entry into Canada will not be guaranteed.

Reactions: patricia9

patricia9

Mar 25, 2014
Assuming you are a Canadian PR or citizen, they can certainly leave Canada and then try to re-enter. Whether they are allowed back into Canada and for how long will depend on the CBSA officer. Re-entry into Canada will not be guaranteed.
Do I need to cancel their Canadian visitor visa extension when they go to US if the decision is still pending till then? Any way to make sure re-entry back to Canada is permitted. I am planning to have as many proofs to support their stay in Canada and mostly in a month or so they are also going back to home country maybe even book their return flights to India from Canada before going to US.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Do I need to cancel their Canadian visitor visa extension when they go to US if the decision is still pending till then? Any way to make sure re-entry back to Canada is permitted. I am planning to have as many proofs to support their stay in Canada and mostly in a month or so they are also going back to home country maybe even book their return flights to India from Canada before going to US.
Yes you should cancel their extension once they go to the US because the extension will no longer be valid and you may avoid requirements to do a medical. Proof of flights that they are returning to India soon would be helpful to show CBSA if they've been in CAnada for an extended period of time already.

Reactions: patricia9

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Yes you should cancel their extension once they go to the US because the extension will no longer be valid and you may avoid requirements to do a medical. Proof of flights that they are returning to India soon would be helpful to show CBSA if they've been in CAnada for an extended period of time already.
1. The OP should note the "implied status" ends as a visitor when they leave Canada, and they will require a valid TRV (if necessary) to return to Canada, and probably a new authorization. I assume they are fully vaccinated.

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi

1. The OP should note the "implied status" ends as a visitor when they leave Canada, and they will require a valid TRV (if necessary) to return to Canada, and probably a new authorization. I assume they are fully vaccinated.
Looks like OP is a PR so no authorization needed.

patricia9

Mar 25, 2014
Hi

Yes my parents have visitor's visa with multiple entry until their passport expires, so reentry should be fine. It would be considered new entry to Canada. Yes I am on PR so they did not require authorization even the first time and yes they are fully vacinnated. Thanks for your reply!!