+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor sticker expiring but can I stay for 6 months from stamp ?

Sunny86

May 28, 2018
Hey Guys,

So my dads visitor visa sticker is expiring in January but he entered Canada in September. Can he stay with me for 6 months or have to go before sticker expires as there is no time stamp on passport when he entered. I can apply for a new visa but my mother is also here on visitor visa and her visa is still valid for another 2 years so she can stay 6 months now as they both entered together I just want them both to go together to apply for a new visa for my dad.

Second question, any experience applying for visitor visa(new 10 year visa) through usa while in Canada and if approved then travel to usa and send the passport to get the visa stamped. I plan to call cic for both questions but they dont always give right information so just seeing if someone been in situation or have an answer.

Thanks.

varinder kaur

Star Member
Feb 13, 2013
Hey Guys,

So my dads visitor visa sticker is expiring in January but he entered Canada in September. Can he stay with me for 6 months or have to go before sticker expires as there is no time stamp on passport when he entered. I can apply for a new visa but my mother is also here on visitor visa and her visa is still valid for another 2 years so she can stay 6 months now as they both entered together I just want them both to go together to apply for a new visa for my dad.

Second question, any experience applying for visitor visa(new 10 year visa) through usa while in Canada and if approved then travel to usa and send the passport to get the visa stamped. I plan to call cic for both questions but they dont always give right information so just seeing if someone been in situation or have an answer.

Thanks.
Hiii
Ur father can stay for 6 months even though his visa expires next day after he entered Canada.

Sunny86

May 28, 2018
Hiii
Ur father can stay for 6 months even though his visa expires next day after he entered Canada.

Thanks for the reply, have you experienced this or read it somewhere on CIC. What is your source of information if you dont mind me asking.

Thanks

varinder kaur

Star Member
Feb 13, 2013
Thanks for the reply, have you experienced this or read it somewhere on CIC. What is your source of information if you dont mind me asking.

Thanks
My friend ‘s mother had experienced this situation. I also read it on cic I guess. But u double check with cic.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

Thanks
A TRV is simply a stamp in a passport that allows a person to board a commercial carrier to travel to Canada. It has nothing to do with status in Canada. That is granted by CBSA upon entry.