+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Stay Rejected, Re-entered 2 months later, what is entry date?

MarriedUSA

Dec 7, 2019
My wife is an American citizen and has been temporarily living with me for almost 2 years in Canada. In October she was rejected for a visa extension and asked to leave, which she did. She re-entered just before Christmas, and now we want to send in her PR application (which, admittedly, we should have done earlier). Do we put down her 'original entry date' as the last time she came in, since that is her new visitor status?

Also, she asked for a stamp at the airport but they said they aren't doing stamps anymore. Do we need to provide proof of her re-entry, and how would we do this?

Thanks

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
You don't need to provide proof of re-entry unless something specifically asks for proof of entry to Canada. IRCC understands that stamps are rarely given.

I had always understood "original entry" to be the first time she entered Canada, but I may be wrong.

MarriedUSA

Dec 7, 2019
>I had always understood "original entry" to be the first time she entered Canada, but I may be wrong.

My first impression is that this is incorrect, which is why I wanted to confirm. She was asked to leave Canada in November and she did. Putting her original date of entry back in 2015 (the first time she visited me) would make it seem as if she has been here for over 4 years, and didn't leave when requested, which would really screw us up.

I was under the impression that when she entered and had an unbroken length of residence with visitor record extensions that the original date pertained to that record. Now that she has left and re-entered it should be a new date of entry, right?