+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor status extension

kristiina89

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
I have sent PR & OWP application. Currently being in Canada with IEC visa.
I am also going to apply visitor visa while waiting answer about PR & OWP from CIC. What form I use for it? I have try to search and found few different.
Do I tell a honest reason to stay in Canada (wanting to stay with husband while PR application is in process)?
If someone have done this before and know about this, I would appreciate help. Like about forms and even CIC site address where I find everything I need. Thanks.

MapleOakLife

Star Member
Feb 13, 2016
kristiina89 said:
I have sent PR & OWP application. Currently being in Canada with IEC visa.
I am also going to apply visitor visa while waiting answer about PR & OWP from CIC. What form I use for it? I have try to search and found few different.
Do I tell a honest reason to stay in Canada (wanting to stay with husband while PR application is in process)?
If someone have done this before and know about this, I would appreciate help. Like about forms and even CIC site address where I find everything I need. Thanks.
I just did my extension a few months ago for the second time, and both times I've put "Waiting on PR" and I've been approved both times with no problems. You can do the extension online if you have a scanner and a credit card, or you can do it all and mail it to them with the money-I believe they take money orders, but I could be wrong. If you need any help feel free to inbox me if you would like ;D

kristiina89

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
MapleOakLife said:
I just did my extension a few months ago for the second time, and both times I've put "Waiting on PR" and I've been approved both times with no problems. You can do the extension online if you have a scanner and a credit card, or you can do it all and mail it to them with the money-I believe they take money orders, but I could be wrong. If you need any help feel free to inbox me if you would like ;D
Thank you. I sent you a message.
Does anyone know is there difference to apply new status ; in my case from IEC work permit to Visitor status? In Canada.

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
kristiina89 said:
Thank you. I sent you a message.
Does anyone know is there difference to apply new status ; in my case from IEC work permit to Visitor status? In Canada.
Yes, you use the same form as a visitor extension request, but use it to apply to to change your status from a work permit to visitor status: "change your permit type (for example, from a study permit to a work permit) or" http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend-stay.asp