amarecharla

Oct 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-02-2015
Hi All,
this is for a person I know. Any inputs are appreciated.

This person, I know got his visitor visa and travelled to Canada in Aug. At the Montreal Airport, when the immigration officer started questioning, he told them that the he does not know the person who gave him the invite/invitation letter. And also, when the immigration officers asked about his purpose of visit, he showed them an itinerary, etc but however it was not convincing.

So, the officer at the airport sent him back from the airport. He did not cancel his visa but he did give him a letter which mentions that he obtained his Canadian visitor visa by fraudulent means.

Now, my question is , as his visa is not cancelled, can he come to Canada later??

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hi All,
this is for a person I know. Any inputs are appreciated.

This person, I know got his visitor visa and travelled to Canada in Aug. At the Montreal Airport, when the immigration officer started questioning, he told them that the he does not know the person who gave him the invite/invitation letter. And also, when the immigration officers asked about his purpose of visit, he showed them an itinerary, etc but however it was not convincing.

So, the officer at the airport sent him back from the airport. He did not cancel his visa but he did give him a letter which mentions that he obtained his Canadian visitor visa by fraudulent means.

Now, my question is , as his visa is not cancelled, can he come to Canada later??
If the note actually stated that the visa was obtained via fraud, it's very likely that it's been flagged on the system and /or cancelled internally.
Maybe contact the issuing visa office to confirm it's status.

Reactions: k.h.p.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
If the letter mentions obtaining a visa by fraud, it is also likely this person you know has been banned from Canada for five years.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
This person needs to share with you the full text of the refusal letter but as above is likely that the visa has been cancelled in the system and a ban issued especially if fraud was specifically mentioned. People get bans for what some people might consider much less significant things.

amarecharla

Oct 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-02-2015
Thanks a lot for those inputs.
So, as I understand this- even if the officer did not cancel his visa, it is still not valid anymore.
Right, so what can he do to come to Canada now?
Any suggestions......

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Thanks a lot for those inputs.
So, as I understand this- even if the officer did not cancel his visa, it is still not valid anymore.
Right, so what can he do to come to Canada now?
Any suggestions......
If you share the letter that he was given, people would have enough information to actually give suggestions.

Since you haven't told us if the letter says he's been banned, we don't know if he can't come back for five years.

amarecharla

Oct 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
27-02-2015
If you share the letter that he was given, people would have enough information to actually give suggestions.

Since you haven't told us if the letter says he's been banned, we don't know if he can't come back for five years.
The letter does not mention he is banned. It just says that he has obtained the visa by fraudulent means. Anyway, I will try to get the letter and post it here removing the sensitive information.