+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor record refusal

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
No it wasn’t saying in my letter
First of all, I doubt that, but it's possible.

Second, I don't see how you assumed that being refused a visitor record meant you could stay in Canada indefinitely without issue.

Third, how have you survived in Canada without working illegally? That will also be an issue for you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Second, I don't see how you assumed that being refused a visitor record meant you could stay in Canada indefinitely without issue.

Third, how have you survived in Canada without working illegally? That will also be an issue for you.
I hope she didn't apply for CERB. Very strange that she didn't get a standard letter but sometimes you only read the refusal/approval part.

Reactions: k.h.p.

SharanThind

Feb 19, 2021

Third, how have you survived in Canada without working illegally? That will also be

just with my savings and also friends helped me

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
I hope she didn't apply for CERB. Very strange that she didn't get a standard letter but sometimes you only read the refusal/approval part.
I'm not going to accuse her of lying, but it would be very strange for IRCC to not include that sentence in a standard letter. The visa officer would need to edit the template message that is automatically sent out through the GCMS email integration and the automatically generated letter that gets posted to GCKey. Now, they do need to do some of that editing to select the reason for rejection (there is a table in the template, the non-relevant rows need to be deleted, which is why we sometimes see odd rejection reasons in some letters, where an incorrect reason is not deleted) but I don't know.

Doesn't change the fact that OP has been illegally in Canada for a year and cannot apply for an inland PR without status.

Reactions: canuck78

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
Hi everyone
I hope someone can help me out I had applied visitor record permit in 2019 visitor record refused in Jan 2020 ,but it didn’t say I have 90 days to leave Canada, but it’s says (you are person without temporary status who’s not eligible under restoration act 182 immigration of Canada and refugee protection regulations.)
Then in August 2020 I have applied in express entry pool with Canadian experience class and valid documentation with 452 points, now I got invitation to apply PR in Canada but I am afraid if I apply further they can refuse my PR because I didn’t have any status in Canada
During Jan 2020 to Feb 2021 when I got ITA, but during this time I didn’t work in Canada .And I stayed in Canada because of COVID-19.Pls help me out with this question does it gonna effect my application for PR in future. I am very worried now, can’t go back home because of family commitments, even couldn’t tell my family because they have lots of expectations from me.
Pls help me.
How have you been able to accumulate Canadian work experience in order to apply for CEC without a status or on a visitor visa previously?

SharanThind

Feb 19, 2021
I'm not going to accuse her of lying, but it would be very strange for IRCC to not include that sentence in a standard letter. The visa officer would need to edit the template message that is automatically sent out through the GCMS email integration and the automatically generated letter that gets posted to GCKey. Now, they do need to do some of that editing to select the reason for rejection (there is a table in the template, the non-relevant rows need to be deleted, which is why we sometimes see odd rejection reasons in some letters, where an incorrect reason is not deleted) but I don't know.

Doesn't change the fact that OP has been illegally in Canada for a year and cannot apply for an inland PR without status.

SharanThind

Feb 19, 2021
How can I prove you guys I got that letter without stating to leave Canada in 90 days can I post a screenshot of it here

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
How can I prove you guys I got that letter without stating to leave Canada in 90 days can I post a screenshot of it here
It doesn't matter much to us because whether you prove it or not doesn't change the fact that you've been in Canada for a year without status. The letter itself doesn't change the fact that you were out of status. You can post screenshots if you want.

It should follow that if your application to stay was refused, you had to leave. If you honestly thought a refusal of an application to stay meant you could stay, we have to have a different conversation.