+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor record received, does spouse need to leave?

lynnklee

May 9, 2020
Last summer, my husband and I applied for a visitors extension while waiting for his pr application because we thought we had to. Today, we received a visitor's record in the mail and it states that he has to leave by March 16th.

When we applied for PR, we also applied for OWP and I was told that meant he had implied status until a decision was made. So is he allowed to stay or does he need to leave?

travelingrabbit

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020
You do have implied status until a decision is made on the OWP. Did you apply for 6 months extension? I would reapply again for another extension. Do you mind me asking when you applied for extension? I applied in mid-August and still haven't heard back yet, I applied for a one year.

lynnklee

May 9, 2020
You do have implied status until a decision is made on the OWP. Did you apply for 6 months extension? I would reapply again for another extension. Do you mind me asking when you applied for extension? I applied in mid-August and still haven't heard back yet, I applied for a one year.
Yes, 6 months. I believe it was August when we did, so hopefully you hear something soon?

Reactions: travelingrabbit