+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Record or OWP during Virtual Landing wait period

shuvo89

Mar 30, 2017
I am looking for a suggestion I have applied for PR of my spouse in April 2023 and right now, she is waiting for her virtual landing Portal 1 email since Oct 26, 2023 (Final Decision). PR Tracker showed a Temporary E COPR Number. Currently my spouse is in Canada, and we have 2 options 1. Apply for Open Work Permit (Estimated 3-4 Months) or 2. Apply for Visitor Visa Extension ( Estimated 3 Months) . Given the current circumstances could you please suggest which direction should we go ahead ? Thank you

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am looking for a suggestion I have applied for PR of my spouse in April 2023 and right now, she is waiting for her virtual landing Portal 1 email since Oct 26, 2023 (Final Decision). PR Tracker showed a Temporary E COPR Number. Currently my spouse is in Canada, and we have 2 options 1. Apply for Open Work Permit (Estimated 3-4 Months) or 2. Apply for Visitor Visa Extension ( Estimated 3 Months) . Given the current circumstances could you please suggest which direction should we go ahead ? Thank you
Another option is to do nothing. Especially since her current status is valid for another 3 months. Applying for the OWP at this late stage would be a waste of time and money.

Reactions: shuvo89 and ERCAN

k.molly.kim

Sep 27, 2023
Hey,
I was in a similar situation (status expiring Nov 9th, waiting for ecopr since Sep 21.) I ended up applying for visitor extension, and in additional information, I noted my UCI and situation (that I passed everything and waiting for ecopr). Document got processed and approved in just 9 days! I highly suggest visitor record extension.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey,
I was in a similar situation (status expiring Nov 9th, waiting for ecopr since Sep 21.) I ended up applying for visitor extension, and in additional information, I noted my UCI and situation (that I passed everything and waiting for ecopr). Document got processed and approved in just 9 days! I highly suggest visitor record extension.
There is no need to apply for a visitor extension until right before the other one expires. Applying for one will not trigger COPR.

Reactions: shuvo89

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Agree do nothing. They should get virtual landing before February or before you get the OWP. If you really want to do something apply for the OWP.

Reactions: shuvo89

k.molly.kim

Sep 27, 2023
There is no need to apply for a visitor extension until right before the other one expires. Applying for one will not trigger COPR.
Yeah in my case, it was expiring Nov 9th so that's why I applied on Nov 7th. Just wanted to let OP know that it won't take 3 months if you state you are waiting for your ecopr.