+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor record not issued to the dependent.

Rakesh_1988u

Feb 4, 2024
Hi, I entered Canada on May 23, on a Spousal Open Work Permit, accompanied with my 6 month old child. Both had a visa valid until Sep 24. While I received a work permit at the POE, but no visitor record was issued for my child, they said the validity will be same as parent. What are the consequences of not having a Visitor Record?

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, I entered Canada on May 23, on a Spousal Open Work Permit, accompanied with my 6 month old child. Both had a visa valid until Sep 24. While I received a work permit at the POE, but no visitor record was issued for my child, they said the validity will be same as parent. What are the consequences of not having a Visitor Record?
What is written in the child’s passport? Any date?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I called IRCC, they said me to apply for restoration.
If you were able to apply within 90 days of when your child’s status expired they will qualify for restoration. If not you will need to leave Canada and attempt to reenter. Sadly IRCC phone line does not always give out accurate advice so would count yourself lucky when 90 days expire.

Rakesh_1988u

Feb 4, 2024
If you were able to apply within 90 days of when your child’s status expired they will qualify for restoration. If not you will need to leave Canada and attempt to reenter. Sadly IRCC phone line does not always give out accurate advice so would count yourself lucky when 90 days expire.
Thank you canuck78. The good part is the system allowed me to apply based on the questionnaire for restoration. Also I have recieved province nomination and need to apply for non express entry. Will the restoration application affect the pR application in anyway. I see that I need to provide current status in Canada for kid.