+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor record holder going back to Canada while waiting for PR

ffglt

Aug 4, 2021
Hello

I currently hold a visitor record (had to extend my stay from an open work permit) to maintain my status while applying for PR. I applied for PR in december, however, I had to leave Canada but will be going back soon. I also hold an eTA passport. I am wondering what I should be saying to the boarder agent once I arrive in Canada. Should I let him know that I have applied for PR and will be extending my visitor record to maintain my status (it expires on March 20), or should I be saying that I am in Canada to visit?

Thank you!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello

I currently hold a visitor record (had to extend my stay from an open work permit) to maintain my status while applying for PR. I applied for PR in december, however, I had to leave Canada but will be going back soon. I also hold an eTA passport. I am wondering what I should be saying to the boarder agent once I arrive in Canada. Should I let him know that I have applied for PR and will be extending my visitor record to maintain my status (it expires on March 20), or should I be saying that I am in Canada to visit?

Thank you!
The visitor record is only good as long as you remain in Canada.

Since you have left, you need to have a valid eTA to return as a visitor.

ffglt

Aug 4, 2021
Thanks for your reply. I do have a valid eTA but what should I tell the boarder officer? Should I tell him that I am also waiting for my PR and work permit to arrive?

Reactions: Aneep Kumar

Aneep Kumar

Mar 14, 2018
Ottawa
Thanks for your reply. I do have a valid eTA but what should I tell the boarder officer? Should I tell him that I am also waiting for my PR and work permit to arrive?
of course, be truthful to them, they can see in the system even if you don’t disclose anything. So please answer truthfully whatever they ask you. Rest it depends upon them to approve or refuse your entry.