+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor record extension with a 6 month visitor visa


Hero Member
Jan 5, 2017
My friend's dad only got a 6 month visit visa stamped on the passport, unlike the more usual 10 yr / till passport expires one. He is in Canada for past four months and want to extend his stay for another 6 months. He does not plan to leave Canada or cross any international borders during this time.

In this situation
a. Is it possible to apply for a visitor record extension to extend the stay in Canada ?
b. If he applies and his visitor visa expires, can he continue to stay in Canada on implied status ?