+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Record Extension application leading to Inland Spousal Sponsorship

jpancholi0109

Jan 4, 2020
Hi,

I have a few questions relating to the Visitor Record Extension relating to Inland PR Application. We are going to be applying dor my wife’s Inland Sponsorship, but We had a hiccup with one of the PR documents and will have to apply for her Extension as her current visitor record expires soon. Please find questions below:

1. If we are writing a supporting Letter, does it need to be written as if the principal applicant has written, or as a representative as I will be acting as a representative?

Questionnaire:
1. I will be acting as an unpaid representative for my wife and have to fill IMM5476 as a required document. There is following question which says “Did your representative give submission Letter?” Do I have to provide any letter. I have answered NO.

IMM 5708:
1. Date and Place of original entry into Canada? - We believe this is first time she entered in Canada as a visitor, please correct if it’s wrong. She is in Canada for 3rd time and applying her first visitor record extension.
2. How long you plan to stay? - We believe, this should start the next day her current status expires and end anytime less than 6 months as we have selected to get extension of less than 6 months. Please correct if it’s wrong.
3. What should go in the 1st “Employment To” section? We have entered not employed, but Should this end on a date when the current status expire?
4. Have you previously applied to remain or enter in Canada? – We have entered YES, and follow up question says to provide explanation. What explanation are they looking for?