+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Record and Study permit

arunlawrence

Jan 5, 2019
Hi ,
Anybody kindly suggest a solution for the below situation for my daughter 6 years old visitor visa issue. Myself and wife are inside Canada on open work permits and working in B Category Job . Our Daughter had Visitor record upto the Work permits date April 2020 of us ,but she dont have any valid visa on her passport .We need to go India fora Short vacation and we tried to apply visitor visa for her and it didnt get through.When we call IRCC they told cannot apply visitor visa inside from Canada who had a visitor record need apply from outside canada .We are going for 2 weeks time and have no time to apply for visitor visa from India .(Usually processing time 28 days ) .IRCC agent told visitor record will get cancel if we exist Canada also.Is there any way we can get visitor visa for her from inside canada? Other option In my mind was applying Study permit for her ,actually she is studying in grade1 school with visitor record .She came to Canada on study permit while my wife was a student and it got expired also November 1st 2018 . When my wife got work permit the officer issued visitor record instead of study permit for her .. Is there any problem in applying a study permit for her who had valid visitor record in canada ? If I get the Study permit approved I can apply for visitor visa for my daughter .Any solution or suggestion will help .

IuriiS

Star Member
May 17, 2019
Sounds interesting. I have already heard about this method. Is it legal to do like this, wouldn't it be a lie? When I spoke with CIC officer he told me I cannot do like this. Thank you!

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
If you called IRCC you didn't speak to an officer, you spoke to a call centre agent. They do not always have the best information.

This is the only way to get to the proper application form online.

In the application form, you will provide the Canadian address of residence and etc.