+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Record and Medical Exam

kiqr

Star Member
Feb 12, 2019
Hey All,

Last year, my mother in law visited us and we had to extend her stay due to COVID. We applied for her visitor extension in June 2020 (a month before her 6 month stay was supposed to complete). She left Canada in November and her visitor extension file was still in process when she left. We forgot to withdraw the application. Fast forward, we just got her visitor record approved on Jan 20, 2021. Its valid till 20th Feb and they are asking to complete a medical exam by 20th Feb!

What do we do? She had no representative in her application so we cannot call cic on her behalf and ask them to cancel this request. We tried using the web form but the answers were of no help. Any suggestions?

Should we just wait it out? We do not want issues when we apply for her next visitor visa. Please advise. Thank you.

ryanuseek

Feb 6, 2021
I have almost identical situation (including the dates) except my fiancé returned to Canada after leaving for 3 weeks in Oct. Her passport is stamped indicating she must leave by Apr 15 2021, now we just received the visitor record which indicates Feb 25 (with medical exam requested to be done with 90 days, which doesn't make any sense). Does she have to leave by the date on the visitor record or by the date in her passport? She also has her permanent resident application in progress, so she would like to not be out of Canada for long in case there is progress on her application.

Benvictoria

Jul 2, 2019
Hey All,

Last year, my mother in law visited us and we had to extend her stay due to COVID. We applied for her visitor extension in June 2020 (a month before her 6 month stay was supposed to complete). She left Canada in November and her visitor extension file was still in process when she left. We forgot to withdraw the application. Fast forward, we just got her visitor record approved on Jan 20, 2021. Its valid till 20th Feb and they are asking to complete a medical exam by 20th Feb!

What do we do? She had no representative in her application so we cannot call cic on her behalf and ask them to cancel this request. We tried using the web form but the answers were of no help. Any suggestions?

Should we just wait it out? We do not want issues when we apply for her next visitor visa. Please advise. Thank you.
Hi, same situation here. Did your mom do the medical exam?

gscanada1234

Nov 17, 2021
Hi, same situation here. Did your mom do the medical exam?
Hey All,

Hi did you get medical done ?