+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor or Immigrate on Landing Declaration

Naalelnak

Sep 5, 2020
hi All,

Inland applicant however had to leave to go back to the UK- got Spouse sponsorship PR approved and portal email whilst out the country and told to contact IRCC when im back inside canada to gain access.

Flying to Canada tomorrow and confused as to what option to select on the declaration- Visitor (which requires you to enter the no of days you will be in Canada) or Immigrate. As although im there to finalise my PR and stay after that i am still entering as a Visitor as i dont actually have the PR until i do the soft landing on the PR portal.

Anyone done this recently and if so what option did you select?

Cheers

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
hi All,

Inland applicant however had to leave to go back to the UK- got Spouse sponsorship PR approved and portal email whilst out the country and told to contact IRCC when im back inside canada to gain access.

Flying to Canada tomorrow and confused as to what option to select on the declaration- Visitor (which requires you to enter the no of days you will be in Canada) or Immigrate. As although im there to finalise my PR and stay after that i am still entering as a Visitor as i dont actually have the PR until i do the soft landing on the PR portal.

Cheers
What declaration are you referring to?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
hi All,

Cheers
Until she physically lands, she’s a visitor.

Naalelnak

Sep 5, 2020
I meant the declaration/questions you answer at the passport machines prior to going to the CBSS officer when landing, there is the ‘eDeclaration’ app that can be used.

so just unsure what option to select if it’s Visitor or Immigrate as I’m still technically a visitor until I get access to the portal

MJSPARV

Sep 17, 2020
I meant the declaration/questions you answer at the passport machines prior to going to the CBSS officer when landing, there is the ‘eDeclaration’ app that can be used.

so just unsure what option to select if it’s Visitor or Immigrate as I’m still technically a visitor until I get access to the portal
Since you're entering as a visitor I'd think you'd pick visitor. If you say immigrate but don't have an immigrant visa or copr I'd think that would cause problems

Naalelnak

Sep 5, 2020
Yeah that’s what I’m leaning towards, just if I select Visitor I have to say how many days I’ll be there so I may just have to put a random number since I will be there until I have the PR card and that can take however long it takes.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

I would put visitor because you don't have anything else in hand to show you're there to land (eg copr or landing papers).

You can MENTION to the first review officer that you're waiting for landing instructions (inland) and were jjust away briefly.

I think there is a small, very small, chance they might offer to do the landing procedures for you. That's the reason to mention. I think I've seen that happen here once or twice.

It's a long shot but I also can't see any reason to worry about it.