+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor of Toronto going to Alberta (PLS HELP)

iamkaori

Star Member
Feb 3, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
NOC Code......
Open Work Permit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2013
AOR Received.
24-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
Hello everyone,

I am here now in Toronto and arrived last June12 and I got my six months stay here as a visitor.
I have return flights to my home country on Aug12, however I decided to maximize my stay here in Canada, so I booked a flight to Alberta on Aug11 to visit a friend and postposed my coming back to Philippines.

My question is, will the immigration in Alberta still interview me on Aug11?
I have already a stamp on entry in my passport last june12.
please advise.
thanks a million.

thisu

Star Member
Jun 19, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 march 2013
File Transfer...
29 march 2013
Med's Done....
18 January 2013
Passport Req..
19 April 2013
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
iamkaori said:
Hello everyone,

I am here now in Toronto and arrived last June12 and I got my six months stay here as a visitor.
I have return flights to my home country on Aug12, however I decided to maximize my stay here in Canada, so I booked a flight to Alberta on Aug11 to visit a friend and postposed my coming back to Philippines.

please advise.
thanks a million.
what are the time period in your visa?. the date will be calculate in your arrival only. you can go anywhere in Canada. no immigration officer will arise question. but not to over stay in the Country. if you have return ticket you can extend the date in between the valid visa time.

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iamkaori said:
Hello everyone,

please advise.
thanks a million.
Hi,

You won't be passing through Immigration if you are on a domestic travel/flight from Toronto to Alberta. But before boarding, airlines do request to present a government (Canada) issued ID. You may present your passport in lieu of this ID; your stamp in that passport will show you are allowed to stay in the country until the end date shown if this info is needed.

/all the best....

iamkaori

Star Member
Feb 3, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
NOC Code......
Open Work Permit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2013
AOR Received.
24-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
hello everyone,

thanks for your reply.
I got the stamp of entry last June12 and the visa officer did not put on any date in my passport so I assume, my stay is okay for 6 months until Dec12, right?

My return flight to the Philippines is only valid until Sept, so I cant rebook it.
I will just purchase another for Dec flight.

Thanks!

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iamkaori said:
hello everyone,

thanks for your reply.
I got the stamp of entry last June12 and the visa officer did not put on any date in my passport so I assume, my stay is okay for 6 months until Dec12, right?
Hi,

Yes - 6mos. See here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=442&t=16
But it is always advisable to exit a day or even a couple of days before the allowed duration to compensate for unforseen travel delays :).

/Good luck and all the best...

thisu

Star Member
Jun 19, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 march 2013
File Transfer...
29 march 2013
Med's Done....
18 January 2013
Passport Req..
19 April 2013
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
ragluf said:
Hi,

Yes - 6mos. See here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=442&t=16
But it is always advisable to exit a day or even a couple of days before the allowed duration to compensate for unforseen travel delays :).

/Good luck and all the best...
Is right.