+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor for wedding

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Well you have to declare the arrest—it is also asked in the ETA application.

Yes they can definitely look up US immigration details as the US and Canada share this information with one another.

just try it out for just $7. I am not sure if it would be helpful to submit documents pertaining to the clearance—I would guess it would

Jackbpl

Feb 8, 2020
Well you have to declare the arrest—it is also asked in the ETA application.

Yes they can definitely look up US immigration details as the US and Canada share this information with one another.

just try it out for just $7. I am not sure if it would be helpful to submit documents pertaining to the clearance—I would guess it would
When you say ‘try it out’ do you mean don’t declare it and see if it is accepted?

I wasn’t sure if that would a) but a black mark on my name or b) be accepted but then be rejected at the airport when I arrive?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
When you say ‘try it out’ do you mean don’t declare it and see if it is accepted?

I wasn’t sure if that would a) but a black mark on my name or b) be accepted but then be rejected at the airport when I arrive?
I mean try applying for the ETA while declaring everything truthfully.

like i said, they ask if you’ve ever been arrested so you have to declare that as well.

I am not as familiar with dealing with prior arrests/convictions (even if you were cleared), so I defer to the other members on this one.

Jackbpl

Feb 8, 2020
I mean try applying for the ETA while declaring everything truthfully.

like i said, they ask if you’ve ever been arrested so you have to declare that. I don’t think there’s any question about being issued a US visa...just if you were denied.
Yes ok cool thanks for your advice. I can’t remember there being an opportunity to declare when I did my USA one but hopefully there’s a way on this Canadian one! Have a good day.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes ok cool thanks for your advice. I can’t remember there being an opportunity to declare when I did my USA one but hopefully there’s a way on this Canadian one! Have a good day.
yes. There is a question about whether you have criminal charges/convictions.