+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor for Spouse?

mexican2012

Aug 7, 2012
Hi, I just have a question

A couple that is married, one being a canadian and the other a mexican, is applying for the mexican to have a visitor visa to come back to canada. What would the outcome look like? will it get approved? and how long would it normally take to find out if its approved or not? Does mexico need to review the application? If so, what would that look like?

Thanks for your time.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
mexican2012 said:

A couple that is married, one being a canadian and the other a mexican, is applying for the mexican to have a visitor visa to come back to canada. What would the outcome look like? will it get approved? and how long would it normally take to find out if its approved or not? Does mexico need to review the application? If so, what would that look like?

Thanks for your time.
Hey,

like for any visitor visa, you will need to provide proofs that the person will go back to his own country once the visa is up. And - that's usually where it gets denied... Mexico will review the application (canadian emabssy), and you need to provide LOTS of proofs that the person will go back... a lot of spouses are denied visitor visa because CIC doesn't think that they will go back... so show proofs of work waiting for him/her (letter from employer granting the person a leave, and saying that they are expected back at that time etc), asset, rent in the country, university or school, etc... anything to prove that the person will not stay in Canada with the spouse.

Some people get through, but the majority get denied - it doesn't mean that you should not try.
Good luck
Sweden

CKnD

Jun 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 16 2012
AOR Received.
July 25 2012
File Transfer...
July 25 2012
Med's Request
2nd Med July 24, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 28 2011 / July 29, 2013
mexican2012 said:

Thanks for your time.
I asked my lawyer about getting a vistor visa for my wife, while our appalication is "in que". And I was told the likely hood of that getting approved is slim ... rare even.
I assume this is the same for everone else. As for a visitor visa from Mexico is would generally take about 10 days .. as it says on http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp/visitors.asp

Hope that helps

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
mexican2012 said:

Thanks for your time.
Not very likely. Immigration is currently facing an overload of Mexican citizens filing bogus refugee claims when they do manage to get into Canada, so they are being scrutinized more closely.

Manere

Dec 5, 2012
Quebec
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/03/2015
Doc's Request.
4/11/2015
AOR Received.
16-04-2015
File Transfer...
4/05/2015
Med's Done....
23-12-2014
mexican2012 said:

Thanks for your time.

Hi,

just wondering if you could get the visa...