+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor for 180 days

VeronikaDd

Dec 11, 2018
Hello! I am expecting my boyfriend to arrive very soon. He has approved Eta form but i am worried because he is planning to stay with me 180 days and i know that that is the maximum .However, I am worried that an immigration officer may find it susposios (the leinght of his stay) and may refuse his entry in Canada when he arrives . He has been im US few times (for work) but the stamps for his visas. Are in his privious pasport and i dont know if the immigration officer will be able to see that he traveled before and left the counry on time) please share some. Similar experiance or ideas.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
His immigration history will be available to the CBSA officer at the POE. As for length of stay, he will need to be able to convince CBSA that he has sufficient funds to remain for 6 months and he won’t be a risk of overstaying.

VeronikaDd

Dec 11, 2018
Thank you for your reply! He has a return ticket and he is also comming in my apartament (he wont be paying foe anything.) Is it sure that they will ask him.for funds? And how much approxiametlly they will expect him.to have? Ps on his eta form he put a date of traveling but then we have changed that date to an earlier one..however,the eta form.is approved so whould that be an issue ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for your reply! He has a return ticket and he is also comming in my apartament (he wont be paying foe anything.) Is it sure that they will ask him.for funds? And how much approxiametlly they will expect him.to have? Ps on his eta form he put a date of traveling but then we have changed that date to an earlier one..however,the eta form.is approved so whould that be an issue ?
No - it's not certain they will ask him for proof of funds. However they might. Even if someone else is providing him with accommodations, he should still be able to show that he has funds to pay for such an extended stay in Canada. Ideally he should be able to show $10K or more in savings given the length of his stay.