App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Request
07-01-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2019
I've been going back and forth on what to do regarding extending my visitor status, which expires at the end of the week. I submitted an OWP along with my PR application back in late October (my details, like AOR date, appear to the left under my username). I have linked the OWP, so I can see that it's being processed -- it shows that the OWP was received on Oct. 19th.

So... should I even bother extending my visitor status? I know that I'll be on implied status until decision is made on OWP, but I'm perhaps unnecessarily concerned the OWP will be denied. I paid the right amount, positive I signed everything, etc. If it's overkill to pay the $100, fill out more paperwork, get proof of funds, and so on, please tell me. I'll gladly relax about it.

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
if your PR application and OWP was received before your visitor visa expired, you have implied status......if you have received AOR, then you are safe with implied status.....however, if you are yet to receive AOR, will advice you apply for visitor visa extension to be in status until you receive AOR.......OWP fees is $255 ($100 + $155).....if you only paid $100....please make the payment for the additional $155 and quickly send a copy of the payment receipt through IRCc webform.

Fees $CAN
Work permit (including extensions) – per person 155
Open work permit holder 100

Jazzercise

Sep 25, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Request
07-01-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2019
if your PR application and OWP was received before your visitor visa expired, you have implied status......if you have received AOR, then you are safe with implied status.....however, if you are yet to receive AOR, will advice you apply for visitor visa extension to be in status until you receive AOR.......OWP fees is $255 ($100 + $155).....if you only paid $100....please make the payment for the additional $155 and quickly send a copy of the payment receipt through IRCc webform.

Fees $CAN
Work permit (including extensions) – per person 155
Open work permit holder 100
Thanks for the reply, Wakki. I had already done all this -- was just trying to get another opinion, haha.

Anyway, I still have a few days to go, but I've decided that it'd be a bit overkill to get the extension. They've had the application for a bit of time now, it's already linked, etc. I would be shocked if the OWP were not granted. I'll use the $100 I save for some holiday cookies and candy, haha.

mevisbleek

Star Member
Jul 18, 2009
I've been going back and forth on what to do regarding extending my visitor status, which expires at the end of the week. I submitted an OWP along with my PR application back in late October (my details, like AOR date, appear to the left under my username). I have linked the OWP, so I can see that it's being processed -- it shows that the OWP was received on Oct. 19th.

So... should I even bother extending my visitor status? I know that I'll be on implied status until decision is made on OWP, but I'm perhaps unnecessarily concerned the OWP will be denied. I paid the right amount, positive I signed everything, etc. If it's overkill to pay the $100, fill out more paperwork, get proof of funds, and so on, please tell me. I'll gladly relax about it.
Don't worry too much. Your OWP will not get denied, I was scared when i applied for my wife. Her visitor status expired on Aug 30th, her PR +OWP application was received on Aug 28. Her OWP got approved on Nov 28, exactly 3 months. I paid $355, IRCC refunded 100 bucks after the approval.

Just relax, you will be fine.

Reactions: Jazzercise

Jazzercise

Sep 25, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
26-10-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Request
07-01-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2019
Don't worry too much. Your OWP will not get denied, I was scared when i applied for my wife. Her visitor status expired on Aug 30th, her PR +OWP application was received on Aug 28. Her OWP got approved on Nov 28, exactly 3 months. I paid $355, IRCC refunded 100 bucks after the approval.

Just relax, you will be fine.
Thanks for the support. Yeah, we decided to not apply for the visitor extension. It's a bit of a gamble, but we figured since we had already linked it online, we were likely safe. I don't really feel anxious about it now, so I'm comfortable with the decision.

Emj1993

Oct 24, 2018
Good afternoon,
Does anyone know how lomg it takes for visa status extension to get approved..
Thank you