+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Extension (Visitor Record)

Marc64

Jan 20, 2021
Hello Guys,

In August 2020 I applied for a second visitor extension till February 26th 2021, but I have not yet received a response from IRCC for this. I have applied for PR as well and want to stay in Canada till June because of family (I have Multiple Entry VISA till 2026).

What do I do? Any sort of advice is greatly appreciated.
Thank You!!

pinkheart

Aug 7, 2013
Hello! I saw this thread and somehow wanted to ask,

Is a visitor with a “valid visitor visa” can legally stay longer than 6 months while the person is still waiting for the result of Visitor Record Extension?
The person applied months before his 6th month of stay expires.
Thank you!

@trigger

Jun 24, 2019
Hello! I saw this thread and somehow wanted to ask,

Is a visitor with a “valid visitor visa” can legally stay longer than 6 months while the person is still waiting for the result of Visitor Record Extension?
The person applied months before his 6th month of stay expires.
Thank you!
"valid visitor visa" is only meant for entry not meant for legal stay/status. For your question, the answer is yes, person can stay until the final desicion, provided the extension request was submitted before the stataus expiry.

pinkheart

Aug 7, 2013
"valid visitor visa" is only meant for entry not meant for legal stay/status. For your question, the answer is yes, person can stay until the final desicion, provided the extension request was submitted before the stataus expiry.
Thank you for the response!

niting85

Apr 27, 2014
Hello,

I am too waiting for my extension.

Applied on 15 August 2020
Apllied till 25 February 2021

No response yet from IRCC.

pinkheart

Aug 7, 2013
Hello Good Afternoon!

I just wanted to ask, if someone has this same experience. I received an update today about my father in law's visitor extension application.

It says approved, and check messages for full details, but there is no message received along with the recent update. He was not asked for a medical exam.
For the Visitor document, is it really like just posted there? no link to download the document itself?

Hoping for a response!

Thank you in advance!