+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Extension Timeline

katarina_01

Star Member
Sep 1, 2021
Hello!

Has anyone submitted an visitor extension application recently?

Please drop your timeline! :)

I just submitted mine last April 2. And then on April 3, I got a message from IRCC and (I think) my “Reviewing Eligibility” has already started.

Not really sure.. But it says:
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

kitkatmom

Oct 17, 2019
Manila
Category........
FAM
10/05/21 - submitted
02/07/22 - medical request
02/08/22 - approval of visitor record
02/18/22 - medical exam passed

this was my first visitor record. - valid only until may
i submitted another one on the same day you did - 04/02/2022 and got the update "We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you." the next day.
Lucky you, I still have Review of Eligibility - pending.

makskop

Feb 10, 2016
10/05/21 - submitted
02/07/22 - medical request
02/08/22 - approval of visitor record
02/18/22 - medical exam passed

this was my first visitor record. - valid only until may
i submitted another one on the same day you did - 04/02/2022 and got the update "We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you." the next day.
Lucky you, I still have Review of Eligibility - pending.
Hi, can you please let me know what did the medical exam include? I know there’s chest x-ray and bloodwork, did they do ecg too? Thanks.

Last edited:

superMK

Feb 23, 2021
March 13 - Submitted Application for my Parents

Until now no update or whatsover, even ghost update none. Their visa is expiring this April 17, so I'm not sure how fast they will process our application. Anyone on the same boat?

superMK

Feb 23, 2021
Hello!

Has anyone submitted an visitor extension application recently?

Please drop your timeline! :)

I just submitted mine last April 2. And then on April 3, I got a message from IRCC and (I think) my “Reviewing Eligibility” has already started.

Not really sure.. But it says:
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Lucky you! Did you submit an upfront medical?

bluto

Apr 13, 2022
My Mom entered Canada in Jan2020 and left in March 2022 on TRV. I had to get three extensions for her as due to cvoid as she was not able to travel. For every extension it took around 4-5 months to get a reply/approval. Usually i used to apply for a 6 months extension and after 4-5 months she gets an extension for another 2-3 months. Hopefully this helps.

On first extension she got the extention on a condition that she goes through a medial examination within 30 days which we did.

SoSaPB

Star Member
Dec 10, 2018
QUESTION - how to apply for extension of Visit visa for my parents? What are the valid grounds they approve on?

Ranga0585

Jan 6, 2019
Hi
My spouse is currently on a visit visa.
He entered Canada on 14th March 2022 and we filed the OWP application in April 2022
We have not heard anything yet. I want to know if we need to apply for a visitor visa or any extension while waiting for the OWP approval.
He wants to stay in Canada and wait for the approval of his work permit
what can be the next steps

Please help