+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor extension timeline

sop194

Jan 3, 2013
Ajebuter said:
Hello,

Well, I did submit mine in November 2015, and got no notification until February 29, 2016.
I would assume that you've to wait at-least more than two months.
So I was thinking... it's a long wait. So nothing unusual. ??? I just keep waiting ! Thanks :)

tweetbr24

Star Member
Oct 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys I just realize I didnt send in a letter of explanation for my extension, request should I be worried that I may be refused for that reason ?

mm15744

Star Member
May 28, 2012
Hi, I applied extension for my mom last Nov 2015. Today we got letter from embassy asking her to do Medical Exam.

****This is what is indicated in the letter TODAY****

Medical Examination Instructions

These medical instructions are being issued since your application has been processed to the stage

where medical examination results are now required. Please read these instructions carefully.

IMPORTANT: You are required to undergo the medical examinations within 30 days of the date of this

The medical examination must be performed by a doctor from the CIC list of Panel Physicians.

You cannot choose your family doctor if his or her name is not on this list. See the list of Panel Physicians to

Once you identify a panel physician in your area, book an appointment for your medical examination.

When you schedule your appointment, please ensure that arrangements are made for your chest x-ray

and laboratory tests as well. Once your medical has been completed the doctor will forward the medical

Any costs related to the medical examination are your responsibility and are payable at the time of the

examination. Should your application be refused following the completion of your medical examination

these costs will not be refunded.

Please bring the following to your appointment:

- The attached Medical Report form (IMM1017E)

- Proper identification (proof of identity must include at least one government-issued document

- Eye glasses or contact lenses, if worn

- Any medical reports or test results that you may have as a result of previous or existing

- Four recent photographs (photos are not required if the panel physician is listed as “eMedical

Note: It is important that you inform the panel physician of any previous or existing medical conditions.

Failure to do so will delay the processing of your medical examination.

letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx

with photograph and signature, such as a passport or national identity card)

enabled” on the CIC website listed above)

ondang2

Nov 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
June 2010
AOR Received.
January 15,2011
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
January 15, 2011
Med's Done....
Febuary 8, 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
April 27, 2011 sent passport May 17, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
received June 4, 2011
LANDED..........
June 24, 2011
mm15744 said:
Hi, I applied extension for my mom last Nov 2015. Today we got letter from embassy asking her to do Medical Exam.

****This is what is indicated in the letter TODAY****

Medical Examination Instructions

These medical instructions are being issued since your application has been processed to the stage

where medical examination results are now required. Please read these instructions carefully.

IMPORTANT: You are required to undergo the medical examinations within 30 days of the date of this

The medical examination must be performed by a doctor from the CIC list of Panel Physicians.

You cannot choose your family doctor if his or her name is not on this list. See the list of Panel Physicians to

Once you identify a panel physician in your area, book an appointment for your medical examination.

When you schedule your appointment, please ensure that arrangements are made for your chest x-ray

and laboratory tests as well. Once your medical has been completed the doctor will forward the medical

Any costs related to the medical examination are your responsibility and are payable at the time of the

examination. Should your application be refused following the completion of your medical examination

these costs will not be refunded.

Please bring the following to your appointment:

- The attached Medical Report form (IMM1017E)

- Proper identification (proof of identity must include at least one government-issued document

- Eye glasses or contact lenses, if worn

- Any medical reports or test results that you may have as a result of previous or existing

- Four recent photographs (photos are not required if the panel physician is listed as “eMedical

Note: It is important that you inform the panel physician of any previous or existing medical conditions.

Failure to do so will delay the processing of your medical examination.

letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx

with photograph and signature, such as a passport or national identity card)

enabled” on the CIC website listed above)

Hi! I hope someone can help you, Same here, i applied my mom extension of visa but i received an email from cic that she need to do a medical exam but my mom wants to go back home so she will be leaving this april, i called cic they told me no matter what she need to do the medicalexam so i told my mom to do it back home, its more cheaper....... will try to call cic again for confirmation before she leave, Just to make sure that when she cameback there will be no problem, I just noticed that lot of applicants are requesting a medical exam....

yayay523

Apr 26, 2015
I applied my parents visa extension in September and they did medical exam in Jan. received visitor record in Feb. I thought everything is done until yesterday a letter of further medical exam request for my mum received but my parents are leaving Canada in one week. Not sure what I should do now...

geger

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar-Senegal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
01-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2013
LANDED..........
27-03-2013
geger said:
I submitted for my mother in law (online) on 14 March 2016, I received just confirmation letter that they got the documents
Hi I received another email from CIC today asking my mother in law to undergo medical examination

ondang2

Nov 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
June 2010
AOR Received.
January 15,2011
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
January 15, 2011
Med's Done....
Febuary 8, 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
April 27, 2011 sent passport May 17, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
received June 4, 2011
LANDED..........
June 24, 2011
geger said:
Hi I received another email from CIC today asking my mother in law to undergo medical examination
same here i dont know if its mandatory now....most people applied online extension received a medical request

cic_123

Star Member
Dec 22, 2014
Hi Guys,
I have a question. I received my PR and I will be landing in a month or so. My parents already have their visitor's visa valid till june'16. So I wanted to know, what are the options for them to re-visit Canada? To extend the current visa or apply for a new application? If extension is the option, can we apply for the same now itself..as there is still 3months validity to their visitors visa before it expires.
Thank you in advance.

geger

Star Member
Jul 30, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar-Senegal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
01-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2013
LANDED..........
27-03-2013
geger said:
Hi I received an email from CIC saying that my mother in law application has been approved, and that a secure document has been sent to my address. But still she will have to undergo medical examination as required. So the whole extension process took less than 3 weeks. So why others take longer?

sokosan

Aug 6, 2015
cic_123 said:
Hi Guys,
I have a question. I received my PR and I will be landing in a month or so. My parents already have their visitor's visa valid till june'16. So I wanted to know, what are the options for them to re-visit Canada? To extend the current visa or apply for a new application? If extension is the option, can we apply for the same now itself..as there is still 3months validity to their visitors visa before it expires.
Thank you in advance.
If your parents want to visit you soon, i.e. until June, they can come on their present visa. The expiry date on the visa is the last date on which they can be allowed to enter Canada. So, theoretically, if their visa expires on for example June 15th, 2016, they can come to Canada on June 15th (although it would be wiser to do so at least a few days earlier) and then the officer at the border will determine how long they can stay (e.g. 6 months maximum). The TRV does not have to be valid during their entire stay, it has to be valid on the day of their entry.

If your parents want to visit you after June, i.e. after their current visa expires, yes of course they can apply for a new visa now. They should put their intended travel date to be beyond the expiry date of their current visa (e.g. October, or whatever), and everything will be clear, their application will be processed as normal.

sokosan

Aug 6, 2015
Just to report, either my girlfriend has been very lucky, or CIC has gotten their act together seriously.

She applied to extend her visitor status 1 month before her existing visitor status was expiring. At the time the CIC website said that the average processing time was 124 days, and the week after that it grew to 132. About 2-3 weeks after she submitted it was down to 80, which is the current figure on the website.

CIC has actually already processed her application, and approved it - less than a month since she applied - she will actually never be on implied status.

This just tells you how approximate the figures on the CIC website are, your application could be accepted - or rejected! - much more quickly than you think.

inlandguy

Star Member
May 12, 2016
Hello,

Does Anyone here received their tourist visa extension recently?

My application for extension received by CIC Vegreville via Canada Post last May 20, 2016 (Paper Application).
Still no update.

Thank you.

tweetbr24

Star Member
Oct 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cic website said at the time Feb 7th, I sent mine the after the 7th and received my record in mail last week.

And there I was stalking the website for my application date to pass when it was already processed.

Just hang in there guys it will be there :D