+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor extension submitted, but a question.

May 3, 2022
I just filled out everything to extend my visitor visa, payed, did what I needed to do. My original 6 months is up today, may 5. I know I should not have waited until today to do it but there is nothing I can do about that now. My question is, after my submission, everything says that they received my application and that I submitted it may 6th, even though I submitted it today, just now, on the 5th. Does them receiving it on the 6th make me out of status? I arrived here November 5th. Should I make a call tomorrow?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I just filled out everything to extend my visitor visa, payed, did what I needed to do. My original 6 months is up today, may 5. I know I should not have waited until today to do it but there is nothing I can do about that now. My question is, after my submission, everything says that they received my application and that I submitted it may 6th, even though I submitted it today, just now, on the 5th. Does them receiving it on the 6th make me out of status? I arrived here November 5th. Should I make a call tomorrow?
Yes that would make you out of status. You can try and see if you can reach someone but you really need to restore your status. What is your reason for needing to be in Canada over 6 months?

May 3, 2022
Yes that would make you out of status. You can try and see if you can reach someone but you really need to restore your status. What is your reason for needing to be in Canada over 6 months?
My partner and I are working towards sponsoring me as her common law partner, so my stay needs to be extended. If I restore my status, does that give me more time as well? Or do I have to apply for an extension on top of that? I’m going to try to give IRCC a call today, but in the meantime I am going to look into what else I can do.