+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor extension still waiting for approval

treint

May 25, 2019
I am US resident, applied for visitor extension in Canada Aug 2018. I asked for 1 year, Aug 2018 to Aug 2019. Application status shows everything completed except reviewing eligibility requirements. Is it normal for a visitor extension to be delayed this long? Also, should I just leave in Aug even if I do not receive a response or can I stay in implied stays past what I requested?
Thank you!
Sorry wrong thread, I reposted in visitor. Can't find how to delete this.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am US resident, applied for visitor extension in Canada Aug 2018. I asked for 1 year, Aug 2018 to Aug 2019. Application status shows everything completed except reviewing eligibility requirements. Is it normal for a visitor extension to be delayed this long? Also, should I just leave in Aug even if I do not receive a response or can I stay in implied stays past what I requested?
Thank you!
Sorry wrong thread, I reposted in visitor. Can't find how to delete this.
This is way too long to wait for an extension. You should call IRCC. You should have heard 6+ months ago.

treint

May 25, 2019
Thank you for the response canuck78. I have called before but never got through. I'll try again monday. Is there a better number to call? I read I had implied status while awaiting response months ago but this seems wonky.

treint

May 25, 2019
Quick update for anyone interested. I finally got through to an agent. She verified that had been approved a while back but for some reason it did not update on the web or systems. This technical issue also delayed the physical visitor record to be mailed out. She sent an inquiry to Edmonton but it can take a month to know anything. If I do not receive info in a month I can call again but I am verified. She also could not confirm the alloted amount of extra extension stay they granted me but she said I am still safe because of the technical error.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Quick update for anyone interested. I finally got through to an agent. She verified that had been approved a while back but for some reason it did not update on the web or systems. This technical issue also delayed the physical visitor record to be mailed out. She sent an inquiry to Edmonton but it can take a month to know anything. If I do not receive info in a month I can call again but I am verified. She also could not confirm the alloted amount of extra extension stay they granted me but she said I am still safe because of the technical error.
Hopefully you got her ID number or a transaction number or something to verify this call.