+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VISITOR EXTENSION REJECTED !!!!!! URGENT HELP !!!

anilkumar925

Star Member
Aug 7, 2013
Hello All,

My wife's visitor visa extension is rejected. Today is the 90th day since she is here. Rejection reason is ..

[X] You have not provided proof of entry into Canada as required. You have indicated that your
date of entry was February 5, 2016. Based on this information, it is possible that your temporary
resident status was valid to August 5, 2016

[X] You may apply for restoration if, within 90 days from the expiry of your temporary
resident status indicated above, you submit:

Can i apply again today so that i am still eligible ?

Please help urgently ....

Thanks,
Anil.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
So maybe i do not understand then given feb 5 th to august 5 th is 6 months generally the term for a visitor visa. So did you in fact flip the dates on the application and put 50216 instead of 020516 which would be just 90 days since arrival ? If you reapply you need to ensure the date is correct based on whatever was stamped in the passport on entry and maybe attach a letter explaining if a mistake.

anilkumar925

Star Member
Aug 7, 2013
here is the complete letter ...

Based on your application and accompanying documentation that you have provided, I have
carefully considered all information and I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the
Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. Your application as requested is
therefore refused.
[X] You have not provided proof of entry into Canada as required. You have indicated that your
date of entry was February 5, 2016. Based on this information, it is possible that your temporary
resident status was valid to August 5, 2016.
[X] You may apply for restoration if, within 90 days from the expiry of your temporary
resident status indicated above, you submit:
 a completed application form;
 applicable fees for restoration and for the immigration document(s) in the amount of
$200.00. Payments should be made online at www.cic.gc.ca. When you are finished, you
must print a receipt of payment and include it with your application. If you are unable to
pay online, please contact the Immigration Call Centre, toll free, at 1-888-242-2100.
 all required documents in support of your application.
Please consult the section “Restoration of status” in the application guide: “Applying to
change conditions or extend your stay in Canada”. Restoration applies to each member
who has lost his or her status. Please note that there is no guarantee your application will be
accepted.
Should you choose not to apply for restoration of your status, you will remain a person
without legal Temporary Resident Status and as such will be required to leave Canada
immediately. If you do not leave Canada voluntarily, enforcement action may be taken
against you.

anilkumar925

Star Member
Aug 7, 2013
Bs65 said:
So maybe i do not understand then given feb 5 th to august 5 th is 6 months generally the term for a visitor visa. So did you in fact flip the dates on the application and put 50216 instead of 020516 which would be just 90 days since arrival ? If you reapply you need to ensure the date is correct based on whatever was stamped in the passport on entry and maybe attach a letter explaining if a mistake.
I see that i gave the correct dates ... Feb 05 as the latest entry date to Canada.

I am i eligible to apply again today ?

or should my wife leave today itself ?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
anilkumar925 said:
I see that i gave the correct dates ... Feb 05 as the latest entry date to Canada.

I am i eligible to apply again today ?

or should my wife leave today itself ?
so which is it as in original post here you said here for 90 days and now you say around 180 days no wonder CIC are confused.

anilkumar925

Star Member
Aug 7, 2013
I never said it as 90 days. She has a 1 year Multiple entry Visa starting from Jan 13 2016.

What are our options now ? can we go to US and come back ?

Thanks,
Anil

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
anilkumar925 said:
Today is the 90th day since she is here.
The reason why people are confused is because you said the above. I'm also confused about your dates.

If I understand correctly, your wife entered in Canada in February. How long was she admitted to Canada?

anilkumar925

Star Member
Aug 7, 2013
scylla said:
The reason why people are confused is because you said the above. I'm also confused about your dates.

If I understand correctly, your wife entered in Canada in February. How long was she admitted to Canada?
The border security did not stamp anything. So i am assuming we can stay for 6 months. So today, 5-Aug she would be completing 6 months ...

What are our options now ? Should we go to US and come back ? She is Indian Citizen. But has US visitor Visa too.

Or can we apply for Restoration of Status ?