+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor extension refused, will I get deported?

Krystajo

Aug 18, 2017
That is not true. A pr application does not grant any status whatsoever, but if you apply inland with a work permit you get status from that. The implied status would also begin the day they receive the application, not when they send the AOR.
I believe thats false and that you have implied status as soon as the recieve your Application so I was told at the border when i crossed last. And have been told and even emailed about to say i didnt need to apply for a visitor extension because i had implied status- and I dont have an approved OWP yet.

Krystajo

Aug 18, 2017
That is not true. A pr application does not grant any status whatsoever, but if you apply inland with a work permit you get status from that. The implied status would also begin the day they receive the application, not when they send the AOR.
Also adding that when i crossed back in January with an expired visitor record- i had told the border guard i sent in my application in december and had a reciept and reciept for an visitor extension. She told me if i did send my visa application in, then i had implied status but she coukdnt tell because it wasnt in her system. I recieved an AOR email in febuary stating the recieved my application on December 30. I believe that border guard was right in saying i had implied status at the time. Ive also heard from other border guards that implied status isnt a huge deal it just means you dont have to keep applying for extensions(?) But it doesnt grant entry back into canada or anything like that.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I believe thats false and that you have implied status as soon as the recieve your Application so I was told at the border when i crossed last. And have been told and even emailed about to say i didnt need to apply for a visitor extension because i had implied status- and I dont have an approved OWP yet.
This is incorrect. Implied status comes from the OWP. Unfortunately you have been given incorrect advice.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Also adding that when i crossed back in January with an expired visitor record- i had told the border guard i sent in my application in december and had a reciept and reciept for an visitor extension. She told me if i did send my visa application in, then i had implied status but she coukdnt tell because it wasnt in her system. I recieved an AOR email in febuary stating the recieved my application on December 30. I believe that border guard was right in saying i had implied status at the time. Ive also heard from other border guards that implied status isnt a huge deal it just means you dont have to keep applying for extensions(?) But it doesnt grant entry back into canada or anything like that.
As long as you have a valid TRV that’s all that counts when entering Canada.

Krystajo

Aug 18, 2017
This is incorrect. Implied status comes from the OWP. Unfortunately you have been given incorrect advice.
Then i have been given incorrect information atleast 6 times and once even through email confirmation. But i feel like implied status isnt that big of a deal anyways and i do have a valid visitor extension. I applied for an extension twice now. Even though i was told in january i wouldnt need it and was told in july just recently when it expired again that i didnt need to file for an extension. This email was sent to me from IRCC. - i opted to extend anyways because i had already spent the money and they werent going to give me a refund. I feel it would be very strange if i have been directly missinformed like that multiple times.

Krystajo

Aug 18, 2017
As long as you have a valid TRV that’s all that counts when entering Canada.
I looked it up and implied status seems really hard ro understand in simple terms. I just dont know why i would have been told so many times that you have implied status while waiting for a decision on your OWP and PR. Im glad i chose to just extend my visitor visa either way.

TiwaP

Nov 17, 2020
I received this today:

is letter refers to your application for a visitor record.
Based on your application and accompanying documentation that you have provided, I have carefully considered all information and I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. Your application as requested is therefore refused.
Persons wishing to extend temporary resident status in Canada must satisfy an officer that they will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for their stay, that they will not contravene the conditions of entry and that they do not belong in a category of persons inadmissible to Canada under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

In reaching a decision, an officer considers several factors, which include the applicant’s:

1. Reason for original entry and reason for requested extension;
2. Ties to country of permanent residence, including:
- employment and study commitments;
- family ties and responsibilities;
- status (citizenship or immigration status);
3. Financial means for the extended stay and return home;
4. Travel and identity documents;
5. Probability to leave Canada at the end of authorized stay.

After considering all the circumstances of your case, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and Regulations.
You must leave Canada on or before the expiry of your current document or, if your document has already expired you must leave Canada immediately. Failure to do so could result in enforcement action being taken against you.

I’m about to apply for PR but probably have to wait till November since I will have all the documents to demonstrate that I’ve been living as a common-law with my partner for at least 1 year (ita a joint bank account we opened on November 2019).

what should I do? Will I get deported? Should I wait until November to apply for PR or apply right now?
My partner and I have been living together since January 2018 but don’t have much documents that can prove that we’ve been living together, that’s why I applies for a visitor extension, so I could have more time to gather documents.

I’m so scared, will they come for me?
Hi,
Could you please share about your case updates?
Did you apply to restoration youstatus ? It was approved?

Thank you very much

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I’m going to apply for restoration soon, how much time should I ask since I’ll have to wait until November to submit my PR application? I was thinking 6 months from now, is that a reasonable amount of time?

if restoration is refused, how much time does someone have before they issue a removal order?

Let’s say they issue a removal order in October and I submit my PR application in November, would I still be at risk of deportation even though there is an application in process?
You really need more proof of common law. Just a joint account is not enough.

Reactions: Usa2canada<3