+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor extension record refused while waiting for Sponsorship acknowledgement

belcat

Apr 17, 2020
My boyfriend and I submitted a visa record extension for the 3rd time and was refused on April 8, 2020. The exact refusal reason was:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the length of your proposed stay in Canada.
  • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
They did mention we could apply again if we could respond to these concerns, and they did NOT mention that he had to leave.

How can we best address these concerns? Or what should we do?

Here’s some background information:

We submitted an inland permanent resident application with a work visa application and it was received February 13, 2020, but we have not received an “acknowledgement of receipt” or confirmation number yet. From browsing other cases on this forum, seems they are processing cases received in January 31, 2020.

He has been living in Canada since January 15, 2018, and has been extended twice, the last one ending July 15, 2019. So he has been here on implied status since July. We have been living together common law for well over a year.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Last edited:

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
My boyfriend and I submitted a visa record extension for the 3rd time and was refused on April 8, 2020. The exact refusal reason was:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the length of your proposed stay in Canada.
  • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
They did mention we could apply again if we could respond to these concerns, and they did NOT mention that he had to leave.

How can we best address these concerns? Or what should we do?

Here’s some background information:

We submitted an inland permanent resident application with a work visa application and it was received February 13, 2020, but we have not received an “acknowledgement of receipt” or confirmation number yet. From browsing other cases on this forum, seems they are processing cases received in January 31, 2020.

He has been living in Canada since January 15, 2018, and has been extended twice, the last one ending July 15, 2019. So he has been here on implied status since July. We have been living together common law for well over a year.

Thanks in advance for your help!
You don't do anything. Another visitor extension is pointless, as he is already on Implied Status from the OWP app.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You essentially have to hope that your applications aren’t returned. You can still sponsor a spouse/common law without status but they don’t get the benefit of the OWP pilot program. People can’t assume they will be given unlimited TRV extensions and should always submit sponsorships as soon as possible. Hopefully you’ll get AOR and processing will continue while he has implied status.

belcat

Apr 17, 2020
What should we do it they return the package? (I don't think we made any mistake but never know)..