+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visitor extension questions

MathToStat

Jan 13, 2017
My dear friends, I have some questions about visitor extensions. I looked at similar threads on forum and was wondering if you could help me confirm my understanding is correct.

(1) While we are in the implied status (i.e., we have pasted the 6 month' time since the last entry and we have applied for visitor extension), we cannot leave Canada until the decision on our extension application is made. Is that correct?

(2) If we are required to complete a medical exam for extension, we can travel back to our home country to complete and send the result to CIC. When we come to Canada next time, we need to bring the exam results with us. Is that correct?

(3) If we apply to restore our status, we again need to stay in Canada until the decision on our restoration application is made. Is that correct?

Thank you very much in advance!

Last edited:

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
My dear friends, I have some questions about visitor extensions. I looked at similar threads on forum and was wondering if you could help me confirm my understanding is correct.

(1) While we are in the implied status (i.e., we have pasted the 6 month' time since the last entry and we have applied for visitor extension), we cannot leave Canada until the decision on our extension application is made. Is that correct?

(2) If we are required to complete a medical exam for extension, we can travel back to our home country to complete and send the result to CIC. When we come to Canada next time, we need to bring the exam results with us. Is that correct?

(2) If we apply to restore our status, we again need to stay in Canada until the decision on our restoration application is made. Is that correct?

Thank you very much in advance!
1- you can, but if you leave Canada before the decision is made, you loose the status, and the application will be cancelled.
2.- no, you have to take the medical exam within Canada. again if you leave Canada you loose the status.
2b.- restore what status? you are in the implied status, remember if you leave Canada, your status is ended and you have to do immigration and custom again.

MathToStat

Jan 13, 2017
1- you can, but if you leave Canada before the decision is made, you loose the status, and the application will be cancelled.
2.- no, you have to take the medical exam within Canada. again if you leave Canada you loose the status.
2b.- restore what status? you are in the implied status, remember if you leave Canada, your status is ended and you have to do immigration and custom again.
Thank you very much Mpsqra!

For (1), if I leave Canada when I am in implied status, will it affect my future entry into Canada? I remember seeing somewhere in this forum that it will.

for 2b (sorry my typo, it is actually (3)), if after 6 months, I do not apply for extension, then according to the recent rule on Covid 19, people can restore their visitor status anytime until Dec 31, 2020. So that is why I asked for question about restoration.

Again thank you so much and please correct my misunderstanding if there is any.

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Thank you very much Mpsqra!

For (1), if I leave Canada when I am in implied status, will it affect my future entry into Canada? I remember seeing somewhere in this forum that it will.

for 2b (sorry my typo, it is actually (3)), if after 6 months, I do not apply for extension, then according to the recent rule on Covid 19, people can restore their visitor status anytime until Dec 31, 2020. So that is why I asked for question about restoration.

Again thank you so much and please correct my misunderstanding if there is any.
1.- according to my small experience, if you leave Canada, it will not affect your future entry. it will depend the agent, you should say amid Corona ().
now 2.- yes, normaly IRCC gives 90 days to ask for a restoration. if you apply for an extension, after 5 months the decision is not made yet, you have to ask for a new extension. I don't know about the Covid-19 situation.
I hope I could have helped you.

Reactions: MathToStat

MathToStat

Jan 13, 2017
1.- according to my small experience, if you leave Canada, it will not affect your future entry. it will depend the agent, you should say amid Corona ().
now 2.- yes, normaly IRCC gives 90 days to ask for a restoration. if you apply for an extension, after 5 months the decision is not made yet, you have to ask for a new extension. I don't know about the Covid-19 situation.
I hope I could have helped you.
Thank you very much Mpsqra. Your answer helps a lot!

gautam12345

Aug 17, 2020
Hello

I have query...

My father came to Canada on Jan 17,2020 ...he traveled to US on Mar 1,2020 and came back on Mar 9th 2020...His passport got stamped from Canada and US as well...He traveled through air....Now I have question...

1. Is his stay valid for 6 months from Mar 9th 2020
  2. is his 6 months starts from Jan17 and now do i have to apply for restoration of status.

Please Advice.

Thanks