May 2 2013
Passport Req..
Aip - 28 jan 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Dm- 25march 2014
LANDED..........
23 April 2014
Hello guys
My parents were on 2 year supervisa they went back to india and got another 6 months when the came back after 2 years expired i apllied my mom dad extension in oct 22 they got approval letter on online account but they gave my mom 2 yrs but my dad only 6 months and asked my dad to go for medical exam i dont understand why. They give my dad only 6 months and they never asked any medical for my mom

*£seniors plz help***

Abhi098

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
Hello guys
My parents were on 2 year supervisa they went back to india and got another 6 months when the came back after 2 years expired i apllied my mom dad extension in oct 22 they got approval letter on online account but they gave my mom 2 yrs but my dad only 6 months and asked my dad to go for medical exam i dont understand why. They give my dad only 6 months and they never asked any medical for my mom

*£seniors plz help***
1) Did you attach medical exam along with the extension application for either?
2) Did the extension application asked for a proof of medical exam when you initially applied online?
3) Did you submit proof of medical insurance for either when applying online?

aman gill

Star Member
Nov 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 6 2013
AOR Received.
May 14 2013
Med's Done....
May 2 2013
Passport Req..
Aip - 28 jan 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Dm- 25march 2014
LANDED..........
23 April 2014
No it didnt ask for medical exam when I applied it said u dont need medical exam because my parents nvf went out canada for more than 30 days i didn’t attach insurance for both of them coz it nvr said its requirement on application
I asked extension for 2 yrs

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
No it didnt ask for medical exam when I applied it said u dont need medical exam because my parents nvf went out canada for more than 30 days i didn’t attach insurance for both of them coz it nvr said its requirement on application
I asked extension for 2 yrs
Your parents should have had insurance coverage of minimum CAD 100,000 for each super visa entry. You should have included this insurance document when you applied to extend their stay as well.

Nonetheless, how long someone is allowed to stay/extend his/her stay is at the discretion of IRCC. Super visas are temporary visas (not intended to replace PR). So if it seems like someone is not a visitor/staying like a PR then his/her stay can be limited

aman gill

Star Member
Nov 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 6 2013
AOR Received.
May 14 2013
Med's Done....
May 2 2013
Passport Req..
Aip - 28 jan 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Dm- 25march 2014
LANDED..........
23 April 2014
Your parents should have had insurance coverage of minimum CAD 100,000 for each super visa entry. You should have included this insurance document when you applied to extend their stay as well.

Nonetheless, how long someone is allowed to stay/extend his/her stay is at the discretion of IRCC. Super visas are temporary visas (not intended to replace PR). So if it seems like someone is not a visitor/staying like a PR then his/her stay can be limited
I know bryanna supervisa is temproray resident it cannot replace pr but my question was why did one got 6 months and one got 2yrs it same application my dad was primary applicant and my mom was secondary if there was diffrence of 1 or 2 months i would understand but its diffrence of 1.5yr tht is the reason i was asking
Supervisa was introduced so that familys could stay with each other for longer period of times
Until there pr application is approved

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I know bryanna supervisa is temproray resident it cannot replace pr but my question was why did one got 6 months and one got 2yrs it same application my dad was primary applicant and my mom was secondary if there was diffrence of 1 or 2 months i would understand but its diffrence of 1.5yr tht is the reason i was asking
It would depend on how sees their individual reasons for extending their stay + their ties to India.

You can apply to extend your dad's stay when the 6 months is coming up. IMO, however, it would be best if he returns to India for some months and then returns

aman gill

Star Member
Nov 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 6 2013
AOR Received.
May 14 2013
Med's Done....
May 2 2013
Passport Req..
Aip - 28 jan 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Dm- 25march 2014
LANDED..........
23 April 2014
Yea it totally depends on officer my uncle and aunt renewed their supervisa after completing 2 years and they both were give 2 yrs more extension so 2+2= 4 years without leaving canada even once

Do u knw hw many times we can extend visa from inside canada ??

aman gill

Star Member
Nov 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 6 2013
AOR Received.
May 14 2013
Med's Done....
May 2 2013
Passport Req..
Aip - 28 jan 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Dm- 25march 2014
LANDED..........
23 April 2014
It would depend on how sees their individual reasons for extending their stay + their ties to India.

You can apply to extend your dad's stay when the 6 months is coming up. IMO, however, it would be best if he returns to India for some months and then returns
hi yes i applied for another extension and they gave my dad another 2.5 years funny tging is i released afterwards in extension forum i wrote my dad name wrong where is was suppose to put first name i put last name there and at last name i put first name lol and i don't understand how they review files visa office generated my dad new uci number and even on his visitor record my dad name came spelled wrong god knows how ircc work it feels like they just created new person with totally different name and gave him extension