+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Extension - New Passport

carolis

Mar 4, 2019
Hello everyone!
I've searched on the forum about my case but could not find a satisfying answer, so let me ask you:

I entered Canada as a visitor in Oct 11, 2018. I can stay until April 9, 2019.
The thing is that I made a new passport in the consulate of Brazil in Toronto with my married name.

Am I able to maintain my visitor status here applying for an extension using my new passport and referring to the old one which has the linked eTA I used to enter Canada in my maiden name?

Would I be given a visitor record if I apply for extension as a visitor while applying for PR (Spouse Sponsorship)?

Should I have an eTA linked to my new passport to be able to apply for an extension?

Thank you!

abhi.2207

Sep 24, 2020
Hello everyone!
I've searched on the forum about my case but could not find a satisfying answer, so let me ask you:

I entered Canada as a visitor in Oct 11, 2018. I can stay until April 9, 2019.
The thing is that I made a new passport in the consulate of Brazil in Toronto with my married name.

Am I able to maintain my visitor status here applying for an extension using my new passport and referring to the old one which has the linked eTA I used to enter Canada in my maiden name?

Would I be given a visitor record if I apply for extension as a visitor while applying for PR (Spouse Sponsorship)?

Should I have an eTA linked to my new passport to be able to apply for an extension?

Thank you!
Were you able to find answers?
We have the similar situation, my mom got a new passport(was expiring) and we filed for extension and passport stamp on new passport in the same application.