+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Extension... confusion!


Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
Hello everyone, I applied for permanent residence being sponsored under the family class with my aunt and I was rejected because I have living relatives, but my application kept processing cause I selected “keep processing regardless of inelegibility” I extended my stay twice using the excuse that the case is in process, and now I’ve been in Canada for 1.5 years, during that time I started living with a Canadian citizen and now I would like to re-apply under common-law category, the problem is that I need another extension to at least March of next year, so my question is what excuse should I use? Should I say I need to extend because my case is still open or should I say my partner and I would like to establish common law, or both? Thank you for your answers.