+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VISITOR EXTENSION BIOMETRICS FEE

yella10

Jul 31, 2019
Hi! I applied for visitor extension last October 14. I didn’t pay for biometrics fee I just paid $100 for the extension. It’s been two months now and there is no update with my application. I’ve read in other forums that they received a letter requesting them TO PAY biometrics fee but in my case I didn’t receive that kind of message. Should I still pay for biometrics fee? I’ve never submitted one before.

I’m thinking I need to pay for it, but I didn’t receive a letter of request from CIC for me to pay biometrics. It’s just stating there in my application status in biometrics section that “If we need your biometrics, we will send you a message in your account telling you how to submit biometrics.”

I’m just worried because it’s been two months now since I applied and I haven’t heard from them yet :(

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Hi! I applied for visitor extension last October 14. I didn’t pay for biometrics fee I just paid $100 for the extension. It’s been two months now and there is no update with my application. I’ve read in other forums that they received a letter requesting them TO PAY biometrics fee but in my case I didn’t receive that kind of message. Should I still pay for biometrics fee? I’ve never submitted one before.

I’m thinking I need to pay for it, but I didn’t receive a letter of request from CIC for me to pay biometrics. It’s just stating there in my application status in biometrics section that “If we need your biometrics, we will send you a message in your account telling you how to submit biometrics.”

I’m just worried because it’s been two months now since I applied and I haven’t heard from them yet :(
Biometrics is only needed once per ten years, that is probably why you were not asked for it. Your application is likely under regular processing times

yella10

Jul 31, 2019
Biometrics is only needed once per ten years, that is probably why you were not asked for it. Your application is likely under regular processing times
Thank for the reply. I know, but I have never submitted biometrics since it’s not required before when I first applied for the visa. Meaning I don’t have biometrics yet. But they’re not messaging me if I need to give my biometrics. There’s no update with my application. Just one ghost update last month but nothing says I’m required to give biometrics.

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Thank for the reply. I know, but I have never submitted biometrics since it’s not required before when I first applied for the visa. Meaning I don’t have biometrics yet. But they’re not messaging me if I need to give my biometrics. There’s no update with my application. Just one ghost update last month but nothing says I’m required to give biometrics.
You are overthinking this, if they needed it, they would have charged for biometric fee upfront. Just wait for a regular update on your application