+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Extension and Visitor visa expiry date relationship

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
Hi,

My parents are currently in Canada with me on visitor visa that will expire in Feb 2022.

They have been here already for 5 months and now I am planning to apply for the Visitor Extension for another 6 months to align with their visa expiry date.

Will the expiry date of their visitor visa have any implication on the visitor extension application?

What will be their status in Canada while they wait for IRCC's decision on their Visitor extension application?

Will there be any issue (will they be deemed to have overstayed) as they would have crossed the 6 months initial stay by the time they hear about the Visitor extension application status?

Will there be any implication on their future visa application processing?

Hope to hear from experienced folks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

My parents are currently in Canada with me on visitor visa that will expire in Feb 2022.

They have been here already for 5 months and now I am planning to apply for the Visitor Extension for another 6 months to align with their visa expiry date.

Will the expiry date of their visitor visa have any implication on the visitor extension application?

What will be their status in Canada while they wait for IRCC's decision on their Visitor extension application?

Will there be any issue (will they be deemed to have overstayed) as they would have crossed the 6 months initial stay by the time they hear about the Visitor extension application status?

Will there be any implication on their future visa application processing?

Hope to hear from experienced folks.
The visa expiry date will have no impact on the extension.

They will have implied status while waiting for the extension to be processed provided IRCC receives the extension application before their six months is up.

Reactions: s23srinivas

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
The visa expiry date will have no impact on the extension.

They will have implied status while waiting for the extension to be processed provided IRCC receives the extension application before their six months is up.
Thanks. Appreciate the quick response as always!