+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor extension ★★NEED HELP★★

timothychois

Jan 2, 2017
I entered Canada on 23 June 2016 and was gained 6 months stay in Canada, so I can stay till 23 Dec 2016. I applied a visitor extension / visitor record on 5th Dec 2016. Today I was going though this forum and have seen people are have their application rejected because they didn't provide proof of entry. Then I realized that when I submit my electronic copy of my passport, I didn't submit my proof of entry (The stamp on my passport). I checked the CIC website, it says I can't submit any documents after I have submitted my application unless the officer requests additional documents. My question is, does anyone have similar experience like that? Will they give you a chance to resubmit the proof of entry? Or they will just simply decline your application. Is there anything I can do now?I'm planning to apply school in Canada, that's why I'm extending my stay, I don't this to affect my future study permit application simply because I forgot to submit the proof of entry. What should I do now, should I now just apply for restoration right away now? If I get rejected for extension, will this affect my future entry to Canada?

Thank you very much

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
timothychois said:
I entered Canada on 23 June 2016 and was gained 6 months stay in Canada, so I can stay till 23 Dec 2016. I applied a visitor extension / visitor record on 5th Dec 2016. Today I was going though this forum and have seen people are have their application rejected because they didn't provide proof of entry. Then I realized that when I submit my electronic copy of my passport, I didn't submit my proof of entry (The stamp on my passport). I checked the CIC website, it says I can't submit any documents after I have submitted my application unless the officer requests additional documents. My question is, does anyone have similar experience like that? Will they give you a chance to resubmit the proof of entry? Or they will just simply decline your application. Is there anything I can do now?I'm planning to apply school in Canada, that's why I'm extending my stay, I don't this to affect my future study permit application simply because I forgot to submit the proof of entry. What should I do now, should I now just apply for restoration right away now? If I get rejected for extension, will this affect my future entry to Canada?

Thank you very much
You can try http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp