+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor, applying study permit in canada and receive decision in home country

Dandanny

Oct 6, 2014
Hello,

I am a Swedish citizen, visiting canada and I'm gonna be here for a month or two. I have admission offer from a school in bc. I would need to apply for a study permit and according to Canadian embassy in London (that's where swedes have to apply), it might take up to 7-8 weeks.

I would like to know if it's possible to submit the application while I am in canada as it's online. And go back to Sweden for couple of weeks to pack my bags and stuff. And the application process takes place in the meantime and I receive the decision in Sweden so I can re-enter canada legally as an international student.

OR is it a must that application MUST be submitted outside Canada? And I MUST stay out until the decision is made? I would truly appreciate if someone could respond.

Thank you!

Tharealdotconnector

Oct 5, 2019
Hello

Hope you doing great . I saw your post on this forum and i decided to write to and ask you if you could give me some kind of guide on how you applied for your Canadian study permit. I visited their CIC site and saw their requirements but all what was listed was just basic information. So if you could give me clues to follow i will really appreciate it.

Kind regards

Francis