+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visiting while waiting to be aproved

sammysosa

Apr 11, 2013
i am going to submit my application for my wife to come to Canada from Uruguay on a spousal visa and i am wondering if after the i am eligle to sponsor and am waiting for the next step if i can apply for her to come to Canada on a visitors visa? because the first step to be aproved to sponsor only takes about a month but the next step for her to be aproved to come to canada takes about 14 months. she lives in Uruguay wich is considered a third world country.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
sammysosa said:
i am going to submit my application for my wife to come to Canada from Uruguay on a spousal visa and i am wondering if after the i am eligle to sponsor and am waiting for the next step if i can apply for her to come to Canada on a visitors visa? because the first step to be aproved to sponsor only takes about a month but the next step for her to be aproved to come to canada takes about 14 months. she lives in Uruguay wich is considered a third world country.
You can yes, but it will probably be rejected as she wouldn't have strong ties to her own country and has stronger ties (you) in Canada and they won't think she will leave.

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
sammysosa said:
Has anyone had any experience with this? Has someone applied and been rejected? please help
A) entrance to Canada is never guaranteed (visa or no visa)
B) if it is outland application, chances are low that a Visa will be issued. They will think you will stay in Canada and not leave.

Hope it helps

frozensealion

Sep 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
dec 22 2011
Doc's Request.
dec 5 2012
AOR Received.
never
Med's Request
May 12 2013
Med's Done....
May 18 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
excempt fotos and copies req Jun 17 2013
sammysosa said:
I am sponsoring my husband, even before I was approved as a sponsor he came as a visitor.- we were not married at that time- he explained the siuation at the border and they gave him first' 3 months long visitor visa and then we applied for an extension, which was approved and granted for 1 year' he has been here since then.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
frozensealion said:
I am sponsoring my husband, even before I was approved as a sponsor he came as a visitor.- we were not married at that time- he explained the siuation at the border and they gave him first' 3 months long visitor visa and then we applied for an extension, which was approved and granted for 1 year' he has been here since then.
your husband is probably from a visa-exempt country, that's a different story. If you're from a visa-exempt, you can show up at the border, explain that you come and visit your partner, and most of the time, you will be given 3 to 6 months. then you can request an extension and stay until PR is approved.
however Uruguay is NOT a visa-exempt country, so that's not an option in that case. The person has to apply in advance for a visa, and even with a lot of proofs, it's often denied. CIC thinks (and for a good reason) that the applicant won't leave, so they just refuse the visa.

You can always try. Put as many proofs ( university, properties, letter from employer saying that your wife is expected back to work on that date etc) as possible, and also state that you have applied for PR, and don't want to jeopardize the application, and that your wife will comply with the visa term and return at the end, and won't overstay. Very few people get a visitor visa that way, but you can always try - if the visa is denied, it won't have any negative effect on the PR application, as it only shows that you want your wife next to you - and that's OK!

Good luck,
Sweden

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......