+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visiting visa refused, pls advise

Chizzy baby

May 15, 2015
Hello,
i applied for online visiting visa April 2015 and it was refused on the 7th of may 2015 due to these reasons

You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident.
In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including:

Your travel history

Your personal assets and financial status

i need to reapply ASAP, but i need guidance on what to do different this time to avoid refusal again.

Documents submitted were

employment letter from my company

3 months statements of account

pay slips

pension statement

invitation letter and my brother's PR card

my brother's appointed letter stating his annual salary

my tax clearance papers

pls advise me on what to do to improve my application this time to avoid refusal.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
For personal assets and financial status, you could include the following (depending on the documents applicable to your situation);
a. Employment: 6 months salary slips + letter from the HR department/your manager approving time off work for your visit

b. Financial Investments: Bank term deposits, mutual funds, shares/stocks, pension funds, any other investments, etc

c. Property: If you own property or land... and/or if you earn rental income from it

d. Foreign Currency: If you have purchased it from an authorized Forex dealer with a receipt

Beyond addressing the reasons for refusal, you must provide convincing reasons to return to your country of residence (employment/family that reside with you/property ownership or lease agreement/financial ties/etc)

Also do submit a detailed Itinerary with expense estimates.... and provide evidence that you have the financial means for this itinerary

You brother can also submit his bank statement

Hope this helps

Chizzy baby

May 15, 2015
Thanks Bryanna for your urgent reply

for my financial investment, i have my pension statement, my statement of account, my insurance certificate, will that be able to take care of that?

And then i didnt show proofs that i was married with 2 kids, like marriage cert, birth certificates of my kids, family photographs, probably that was one of my reasons for my refusal.

Actually i want to just spend 2 weeks there and then come back to my job and family in my country.

pls educate me more on this point:

Also do submit a detailed Itinerary with expense estimates.... and provide evidence that you have the financial means for this itinerary
if possible any sample if available. i also heard people talk about cover letter here, i will also like you to help me with a sample.

Then travel history, what am i going to do about it since i haven't traveled out of my country before

thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Chizzy baby said:
for my financial investment, i have my pension statement, my statement of account, my insurance certificate, will that be able to take care of that?
Do you have any other financial investments?

Pension funds may be locked-in and cannot be used to fund your visit.

Your bank balance must not have any large deposits.... if there are large deposits then you must prove that the source of money is your own.

You must typically show about CAD 1000 per week of visit + airfare + surplus funds for any other expenses

And then i didnt show proofs that i was married with 2 kids, like marriage cert, birth certificates of my kids, family photographs, probably that was one of my reasons for my refusal.
Are they accompanying you? Or will they remain in your home country?

Then travel history, what am i going to do about it since i haven't traveled out of my country before
There's nothing that you can do for this point.... unless you're not in a hurry to visit Canada.... and if you can travel to other countries for which visas are difficult to obtain.

Having said this, it is not necessary for you to have traveled to other countries before you apply for a TRV..... what matters are how well you can prove your strong ties to your home country

I would suggest that you focus on your employment + family + financial ties to your home country. If you own property/land then that's another strong point.

You can also provide reasons with evidence that you will return by a specific date.... for example, work project, appraisal and salary increase, family function, etc

Cheers :)

Chizzy baby

May 15, 2015
Bryanna,
i have just pension statement, my statement of account, my insurance certificate only to show as my financial investment, as for my account statement, i dont intend to put in any lump some amount there, it's just my salary account, it shows how it comes in every month and all the expenses i make every month. what else do i have to do at this point? u mean i should budget like CAD1000 per week for my stay, i have noted that point. my kids are not accompanying me, they will remain in my home country until i return.

pls dear, what i want you to help me to is to send me a comprehensive list of documents i must provide to embassy to be able to convince them that i will return to my home country after my stay there. i have to carefully work with that to make sure i provide everything needed.

and then i have heard a lot of people talk about how important a cover letter is, i would also need you to help me with a sample of one if u have, and a sample of detailed invitation letter.
thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

My advice is to focus on your employment + family/kids in home country etc

Please see the link below for Document Checklist specific to your country.... and you may also want to check www.canadainternational.gc.ca (specific to your country) for any additional documents/information - this of course, now links back to the CIC website

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp

You can then post the list of documents/strong ties which you intend to submit.... and I will be happy to give my suggestions

I will send you a sample Cover Letter and Invitation Letter

Cheers :)

Chizzy baby

May 15, 2015
Thanks Bryanna,
Let me gather my documents, once am done, i will post the list for you to go through. will be waiting for the cover letter and invitation letter samples. And then, do i need to wait a little before reapplying? since i was denied on the 7th of May 2015, or should i just go ahead and reapply once am done gathering all required documents????

thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

You can re-apply anytime.... do address the reasons for refusal with evidence before you re-apply

I have sent you two messages.... do check your Inbox

Cheers

chelseaviel

Dec 15, 2010
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 04, 2012
Doc's Request.
addt'l docs sent on Jan. 11 and recv'd by CEM on Jan. 14 2nd addt'l docs reqt'd on Feb 26,2013 sent on March 21 recv'd on March 22,2013
AOR Received.
July 31,2012
File Transfer...
Aug.13, 2012...in-process June 7, 2013...DM July 11, 2013
Med's Request
May 09, 2013 (remed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 31, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan. 03, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 19, 2013
LANDED..........
August 09, 2013
Hello everyone!
I'm preparing the app of my mother for visit visa. How much money does she needs to have in her bank acct? She doesn't own any property nor working she's just a plain housewife. I don't know what other proof I could prove that she'll only be staying in Canada for less than 6 months. I'm currently pregnant and my mother wants to be with me. Will this be enough reason for my invitation? If anyone has a sample letter of invitation pls guide me or show me a sample.

Thanks in advance!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@chelseaviel

Your mom can show ties to her home country as:
Immediate family that reside with her.... eg: your dad, siblings, grandparents, etc

Does she have any financial investments, jewelry?

If it seems like your mom is visiting to take care of you and your baby then there is a possibility of a refusal

If you could provide more details about your mom/dad's situation then we can advise

Chizzy baby

May 15, 2015
Hello Bryanna,
Thanks for the cover letter, i really appreciate, did u also see the invitation letter i sent you? that was the one i was sent last time. pls check and see if there's anything i will need to tell my brother to add to it when sending another one.

chelseaviel

Dec 15, 2010
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 04, 2012
Doc's Request.
addt'l docs sent on Jan. 11 and recv'd by CEM on Jan. 14 2nd addt'l docs reqt'd on Feb 26,2013 sent on March 21 recv'd on March 22,2013
AOR Received.
July 31,2012
File Transfer...
Aug.13, 2012...in-process June 7, 2013...DM July 11, 2013
Med's Request
May 09, 2013 (remed)
Med's Done....
Jan. 31, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Jan. 03, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 19, 2013
LANDED..........
August 09, 2013
Bryanna said:
@ chelseaviel

Your mom can show ties to her home country as:
Immediate family that reside with her.... eg: your dad, siblings, grandparents, etc

Does she have any financial investments, jewelry?

If it seems like your mom is visiting to take care of you and your baby then there is a possibility of a refusal

If you could provide more details about your mom/dad's situation then we can advise
Hi Bryanna,

Thanks for your propmt response. My mother is still living with my siblings. my dad is currently working abroad and is the one who is supporting her. Actually she bought a land in Philippines but she can`t have the title of the land since it`s a government owned but she was only granted a deed of sale document which is Under her name i`m not sure if this will be enough proof. She also have enough money in her bank accnt to show that she is able to support her self during her stay here. For the reason of her visit can I state in the letter that we will have a celebration in welcoming my newborn? She`ll be staying only for 5 months thats why I will apply for tourist visa instead of super visa considering that super visa insurance is more expensive.

Thanks again Bryanna:)