+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visiting visa for spuse

nidhin06

Jan 13, 2020
I hold a canadian PR since oct2019 and is planning to bring my spouse and daughter. I am planning to bring them on vistor visa and apply for an In-land Spousal sponsorship once they reach here.From various sources i was told that my visitor visa application for spouse will get rejected. I am confused and need more information on this.

We are married for more than 2 years and have a daughter who is under 2 years, i also have included both names while applying for my PR Application. If i apply for outland PR Application for spouse it will take about a year for them to reach here, i do not have patience for that i need them here ASAP as i am already missing them.

What should i mention in invitation letter.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Your spouse and daughter will need to demonstrate ties to their home country and reasons to return to their home country that will overcome their chance to overstay visas with you. Because of this, applications for visitor visas for spouses are very rarely approved.

While inland sponsorship is certainly permitted, visiting Canada for the purpose of an inland sponsorship is not a valid reason to visit Canada.

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
I hold a canadian PR since oct2019 and is planning to bring my spouse and daughter. I am planning to bring them on vistor visa and apply for an In-land Spousal sponsorship once they reach here.From various sources i was told that my visitor visa application for spouse will get rejected. I am confused and need more information on this.

We are married for more than 2 years and have a daughter who is under 2 years, i also have included both names while applying for my PR Application. If i apply for outland PR Application for spouse it will take about a year for them to reach here, i do not have patience for that i need them here ASAP as i am already missing them.

What should i mention in invitation letter.
A visitor visa sometimes called a temporary resident visa is for someone who is coming for a visit/temporarily. A visitor visa is not for someone that intends to live here forever, which is what your wife and child want to do. For a visitor visa the person must show that they will go back, and it will be hard for you to do that.

Nonetheless only thing you will lose by applying is the application fee, go ahead and apply. If you get refused apply outland and then try for another visitor visa while your outland is in progress and after you have been approved as a sponsor.

Maes

Nov 7, 2019
A visitor visa sometimes called a temporary resident visa is for someone who is coming for a visit/temporarily. A visitor visa is not for someone that intends to live here forever, which is what your wife and child want to do. For a visitor visa the person must show that they will go back, and it will be hard for you to do that.

Nonetheless only thing you will lose by applying is the application fee, go ahead and apply. If you get refused apply outland and then try for another visitor visa while your outland is in progress and after you have been approved as a sponsor.

Maes

Nov 7, 2019
Hi guys, I want to ask that my process of spouse sponsership is going on.i m waiting for csq,nowadays it takes 4-5 months.my son is missing his dad,can I apply for tourist visa???plz reply me

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Hi guys, I want to ask that my process of spouse sponsership is going on.i m waiting for csq,nowadays it takes 4-5 months.my son is missing his dad,can I apply for tourist visa???plz reply me
I'm sure you've read through this thread. You can certainly apply if you're okay with spending the $100 and the fact that there's a very good chance you will be refused. But there's no rule that says you cannot apply. Just be prepared for a refusal.

Maes

Nov 7, 2019
I'm sure you've read through this thread. You can certainly apply if you're okay with spending the $100 and the fact that there's a very good chance you will be refused. But there's no rule that says you cannot apply. Just be prepared for a refusal.
Thank you for reply...