+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visiting Visa after marriage, Before applying PR

cecexpressentry

Dec 6, 2017
Hi folks,

1) I have PR and am getting married in December. After marriage, I'm planning to apply for the visiting VISA for my wife before applying PR. Is it a good Idea? (Sponsorship letter Reason: Honeymoon)

If she gets Visitor VISA, are we allowed to apply for outland application from Canada

2) Is it necessary to have a spouse name on the passport for Visiting VISA and PR?

3) She got the PCC (India) and FBI this month when she is single, Once we get married do we need to get them again?

Your feedback would be highly appreciated. Thank you.

Guri94681

Star Member
Aug 11, 2018
First of all after getting married u shoukd applly for her PR instead of visitor visa cuz chances of visitor visa are very very low as per only 10 % ppl get visitor visa. Moreover u can apply for visitor visa even if her PR is in process. In case u wanna apply visitor visa first n she get it then u can't apply outland for her cuz she ll be in canada n it ll be inland application. I hope u got my point. Am saying very clearly doesn't matter u apply visitor visa for her before or after submit PR application chances of getting it very very very low. So don't waste too much time for it. Just go for PR application n try visitor visa after 3 or 4 months.

For ur second question is thr isn't any condition tht u should have ur spouse name on passport does't matter which one visa ur applying. But if u guys get it it ll make ur case strong. Too many ppl does n some don't.

Now let's move on to ur last question the pcc she got from fbi if she didn't enter usa again after getting it then she don't need to get it again n if she did then make sure u ll get a fresh pccfor her from fbi while u guys gonna apply.

Abt indian pcc i ll suggest u to get a fresh pcc before u ll submit her application. So according to ur marriage date, date of return, file submission date etc book her appointment at passport kendra which is nearby u cuz it not possible to get appointment for pcc before one month.

It doesn't matter she was single when she got her pcc or she ll cuz they aren't gonna mention her status in the pcc.

Hope u got all answer. Good luck.

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
1) You should definitely get the TRV before you get married. Being married to someone in Canada is a big red flag for getting visitor visas as it shows strong ties to Canada and a higher likelihood of overstaying. Get the TRV first and then get married.

2) Do your passports list spouses? I don't think it's necessary to get new ones (not 100% sure about that), but keep in mind the passport must be valid for at least another 6 months at the time of landing.

3) Police checks need to be fresh, regardless of marrying. Marriage itself has no bearing on it as they're looking at whether or not the applicant has committed crimes, been incarcerated, etc. You can do that whether you're married or not.

For countries the applicant has lived in for six months or more, but has no plans of returning to before applying, it's fine to get them early. For the Indian PCC, you might have to do it again depending on when you're applying. Since you got it in Nov, it should be fine for a little while, but if you apply in May, for example, and she stays in India til then, you'll have to get a new one.

np08

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, OT
App. Filed.......
Feb 09, 2018
AOR Received.
Mar 07, 2018
Med's Request
Aug 8, 2018
Med's Done....
Aug 13, 2018
LANDED..........
Dec 18, 2018
First of all after getting married u shoukd applly for her PR instead of visitor visa cuz chances of visitor visa are very very low as per only 10 % ppl get visitor visa. Moreover u can apply for visitor visa even if her PR is in process. In case u wanna apply visitor visa first n she get it then u can't apply outland for her cuz she ll be in canada n it ll be inland application. I hope u got my point. Am saying very clearly doesn't matter u apply visitor visa for her before or after submit PR application chances of getting it very very very low. So don't waste too much time for it. Just go for PR application n try visitor visa after 3 or 4 months.

For ur second question is thr isn't any condition tht u should have ur spouse name on passport does't matter which one visa ur applying. But if u guys get it it ll make ur case strong. Too many ppl does n some don't.

Now let's move on to ur last question the pcc she got from fbi if she didn't enter usa again after getting it then she don't need to get it again n if she did then make sure u ll get a fresh pccfor her from fbi while u guys gonna apply.

Abt indian pcc i ll suggest u to get a fresh pcc before u ll submit her application. So according to ur marriage date, date of return, file submission date etc book her appointment at passport kendra which is nearby u cuz it not possible to get appointment for pcc before one month.

It doesn't matter she was single when she got her pcc or she ll cuz they aren't gonna mention her status in the pcc.

Hope u got all answer. Good luck.
This part:

In case u wanna apply visitor visa first n she get it then u can't apply outland for her cuz she ll be in canada n it ll be inland application.
is wrong. It's not mandatory to apply inland while in Canada and many outland applicants stay in Canada as visitors while their outland applications are being processed. It's just that one can't apply for an OWP if applying outland. Usually American outland applications are processed very fast so it's common for them to apply outland and then wait for it in Canada.

Outland = can be in and out of Canada while processing
Inland = must be in Canada while processing

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
n case u wanna apply visitor visa first n she get it then u can't apply outland for her cuz she ll be in canada n it ll be inland application. I hope u got my point.
As said above, completely wrong. There is no issue applying outland while in Canada.

Adding the name in her passport does not make their case any stronger.

Last edited:

cecexpressentry

Dec 6, 2017
As said above, completely wrong. There is no issue applying outland while in Canada.

Adding the name in her passport does not make their case any stronger.

I have Indian PCC dated November 10th, 2018, should I get the new one if I apply in January first week. ?