+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visiting through TRV vs ETA - Outland Spousal Sponsorship

CaptainPilot

Star Member
Mar 15, 2014
Is it easier for visa exempt countries ( ETA) applicants to visit spouses in Canada compared to visa required countries (TRV) applicants? What is the difference? To my understanding it's very difficult to obtain for a TRV when applying for PR under family sponsorship class? Do visa exempt applicants face the same challenges?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Is it easier for visa exempt countries ( ETA) applicants to visit spouses in Canada compared to visa required countries (TRV) applicants? What is the difference? To my understanding it's very difficult to obtain for a TRV when applying for PR under family sponsorship class? Do visa exempt applicants face the same challenges?
The difference is pretty simple, the visa exempt visitors don't need a visa - the TRV.

Is there something more to your question?

maratoronto

Oct 24, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Yes, you are right.
visa exempt countries ( ETA) applicants have no problems visiting Canada during the "process".
just need a ticket and show some proof that you are a family member to canadian... No issues at all. My husband did that a month ago. easy travel back and forth...of course 14 days quarantine in Canada ;)