+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visiting Sister

paypay

May 11, 2020
Hi I just want ask, what is my chance going to Calgary with this current situation? I have a tourist visa but my purpose is to be with my sister. Do I need exemption letter from CIC?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi I just want ask, what is my chance going to Calgary with this current situation? I have a tourist visa but my purpose is to be with my sister. Do I need exemption letter from CIC?
Very low if you're looking to visit as a tourist. There is a ban in place right now for non-essential travel. You would need to prove your reasons for traveling are essential. And yes, you would need an exemption letter from IRCC. Even with the exemption letter there is no guarantee you will be allowed to board the plane.

Kumuluswolken

Feb 14, 2019
As mentioned, with the current situation siblings are not considered immediate family (only parents, spouses and children of a PR/Canadian citizen are considered immediate family).
Also, even if siblings were included just coming for a visit will probably count as non-essential travel and you would be rejected anyway. "Reuniting with family" is in my opinion something more permanent and is the wrong words for your case.

My sister wanted to visit me in July here in Canada and we postponed this visit indefinitely now since under the current rules she definitely isn't allowed to visit and it is unknown when the rules will loosen up. I suggest you do the same.