+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visiting scholar "Proof that you Meet the Requirements of the Job Being Offered"

Barrator

Sep 19, 2014
Hi there!

As a PhD candidate from the Netherlands I have a written invitation to go to UNB as a guest researcher. For the online visa application it is required that I provide proof that I meet the requirements for this "job". I am puzzled to what that might be. Basically the proof is that the professor at UNB believes that I am suitable to do research at his group (which is based on past presentations and publications he has witnessed/read). There is no such thing as a diploma that qualifies you for being a guest researcher.

So the question is: what do I upload to the online visa application here, in order for my application to be accepted?

Best,
David

Ps. Degrees/diplomas have already been uploaded and are a separate requirement, as is the Invitation Letter

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You may not need anything more than you've already uploaded. However, if you feel comfortable doing so, either you or the professor who recruited you could prepare a letter to CIC outlining how you meet the requirements for the position, and upload this as well.

JohnS1989

Aug 18, 2014
I had to provide a contract, job description including hours, rate of pay, job role and details of health and safety.
I also needed proof that I met the requirements for the job, a letter from my currently employer stating job description, current rate of pay and I had to be company letterheaded and additionally needed a business card to be shown on the scanned through page(s).
I would assume something similar would be necessary?!?
Does it not provide you with a checklist?

Barrator

Sep 19, 2014
@ Amira_mais: I'm starting to think you're right. Since the profession is unregulated, I guess I should just be creative and sent them a couple of reasons why I was invited in the first place (some old publications, proficiency in English, etc.). I don't think I need to get my credits assessed by an institution authorized to do so.

@ JohnS1989: You are right, a checklist is provided and I have submitted most things that you mentioned. I was just specifically wondering about the "meeting the requirements" part, since it's kind of hard to prove that I'm skilled enough to be doing the kind of research I will be dealing with at UNB.

Thank you both for your help and I will provide some feedback on the final outcome.