+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visiting on Business Visa instead of WP

rajdeep181

Star Member
Oct 19, 2018
Hello All,

I recently got my ICT Work Permit and my wife got her SOWP. I am planning to move in couple of months however before that I might need to travel 2-3 times for short duration for business meetings etc. My doubts are -

Can I use my Business Visa (I already had one before the WP) instead of using the WP for my short visits? Will their be any issue since both TRVs are stamped in the same passport?

If my movement to Canada gets delayed by few more months, will my wife be able to move using her SOWP or do I need to activate my WP first or along with her?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello All,

I recently got my ICT Work Permit and my wife got her SOWP. I am planning to move in couple of months however before that I might need to travel 2-3 times for short duration for business meetings etc. My doubts are -

Can I use my Business Visa (I already had one before the WP) instead of using the WP for my short visits? Will their be any issue since both TRVs are stamped in the same passport?

If my movement to Canada gets delayed by few more months, will my wife be able to move using her SOWP or do I need to activate my WP first or along with her?
Business visa will get cancelled when you get ICT. Based on your previous posts it looks like you wanted to do an executive MBA which would not be possible under ICT or business visa.

rajdeep181

Star Member
Oct 19, 2018
Hi, I realised that and hence have dropped the plan for studies on ICT. My question relates to the ICT and possibility of traveling on my business visa and not activate the ICT.

rajdeep181

Star Member
Oct 19, 2018
Visa should have been cancelled in favour of the ICT. Why wouldn’t you just use the ICT?
Hi,

My role was getting decided between Montreal and Toronto. Even though I applied and got the ICT for Montreal, it was still being discussed whether I will be based in Montreal or Toronto. And hence in the mean time there was a necessary travel that came up and so I was checking if I can do the travel on my business visa. Anyways it has been finally decided that I will be based in Toronto (what a mess with ICT for Montreal). So now I am in dilema whether to land with my Montreal ICT and then apply for change of location inside Canada or initiate a new ICT altogether from my current country for Toronto location. As per my company's immigration team the current ICT approved for Montreal cannot be modified for Toronto if I have not yet landed in Canada. Suggestions please? Thanks in advance.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Your company shouldn’t have applied for ICT until they had finalized the details of your employment. In the ICT they would have had to give details of your new job in Canada. Looks like you will have to submit new ICT.